Enough

Arrington Noel Cruz
March 15, 1992

We are lovers through and through
And though we made it through the storm
I really want you to realize
I really wan to put you on
I've been searching for someone to satisfy my every need
Won't you be my inspiration?
Be the real love that I need

Real love, I'm searching for a real love
Someone to set my heart free
Real love, I'm searching for a real love
I'm out to have a real love

"Better?" Mary asked after I told Mark to cut the track.

"You gotta work on not going flat for the chorus. You gotta hit the deep notes but don't try to go deeper than your range allows. Let it flow." I told her and then she ran it again.

Mary had me basically writing her first album since the single I made for her "You Remind Me" was successful. I've been in the studio nonstop writing for almost everyone. I haven't seen De since we came back from Martha's Vineyard because he's working as well. I'm just happy to have a little break from him. He even said he needed time to get back to the old Donald. So for right now there isn't really an Arrington and Donald.

He's been going to his therapy sessions a lot lately and getting help so I'm happy about that. Mary came out the booth and sat next to me. Mike left and gave us some private time.

"So how's everything? How are you seriously? After the baby passed its like you're working yourself to death."

I nodded. "I rather just occupy myself so I don't have to keep reliving the situation. Everything happens for a reason, it's not like De and I were prepared for kids anyways. We talked about wanting them, but in the next 10 years after we establish ourselves and get married."

Mary nodded. "You do know eventually you gotta come to terms. I'm always here for you babes.. Have you spoken to DeVante?"

"Only over the phone. It's been a month since we seen each other face to face. Work gets in the way and he's getting himself together. He really wanted the baby."

"I'm praying for you guys. Hopefully you guys can recover soon... We should have a night in. Like a slumber party with the girls."

"That sounds nice. I'm free Friday."

"Friday it is. It's gonna be fun, you'll get your mind off of everything and we can vent, scream, eat out face off, and watch sappy movies complaining how men suck."

We both laughed and then my beeper went off. I looked at it and knew it was DeVante.

"I'll be back Mary, I gotta make a call." She nodded and sat on the couch eating some chips.

I walked to the phone in one of the rooms and dialed the number. He answered on the third ring.

"Ari?" He asked, I heard noise in the background and him telling the guys to shut up.

"What's up? You okay?" I asked concerned.

"I'm fine just wanted to hear your voice."

I smiled. "You sure that's all?"

"I mean I miss you as well, but I gotta stay strong. My therapist recommended I should keep coming to her and working on my anger issues."

"And the psychiatrist? Any new medication?"

"He gave me a new prescription that he says shouldn't make me feel as sluggish and not myself."

"Have you been taking them?"