The Dragon Arise

Začít od začátku

"Is that what Mr. E. was talking about?" I asked.

"How should I know? All I ever do all day is play the x box." Corey answered sarcastically.

"Yeah, I know. You lazy bum." I said.

"Well that was just uncalled for. Now I'm gonna cry." Corey said, sniffin in mock sadness.

"Umm, okay then? Now can we just figure out what this eggish thing is without you trying to be funny," I said, seriously.

"Well fine, but you need to get a sense of humor, my younger sister." Corey said, with a Darth Vader voice.

"Well I don't think you're that funny, but okay, whatever you say, "Darth Vader". I said, sarcastically.

"Hey! Mom said she liked my Darth Vader voice, okay. So don't be all sarcastic about it. Gosh!" Corey said. But after we were done talking, Corey picked up the egg, and sudden shocks of blue electricity shot into his fingertips making Corey drop the egg on the floor. He started to suck his burnt finger and I thought "wimp". Then when I picked it up, I got a strange feeling in my stomach like I was supposed to have this egg thing. What if it's destiny that I'm getting this egg and suddenly I heard a squeak coming from inside the egg. I looked at Corey to see if he heard the squeak to, but he was just standing there, staring at nothing in particular.

"Hey, Corey. Did you hear that squeak?" I asked.

"What are you talking about, Mariah? I didn't hear anything. You're just going crazy." Corey said.

"No, I'm not Corey. You're the one who's crazy in this family." I said. But Corey said nothing. Ha! I finally beat my brother at something besides the Nintendo Wii. Then we heard a cracking sound and we both looked at the egg and saw a shiny blue eye staring at us. Then the whole egg broke and right there, in my hands, was a bluish-green animal with silver lined wings, staring at me. But then it started staring at my brother and Corey said, "That thing is staring right into my very soul."

"Way to be funny, Corey. NOT!" I said. Then the animal thing shook his head like it understood what we were saying. Then I said, "What's this thing anyway."

Corey said smartly, "Well, I think it's a dragon."

"A dragon!" I said in disbelief.

"Yeah, a dragon. I know my mystical creatures." Corey stated.

"I don't believe in that nonsense, Corey. Seriously, grow up." I said.

Corey said nothing. And then the dragon spoke in my head for the first time ever. He said, "Umm, I don't know what's going on here. Can you help me?" And I screamed so loud that Corey jumped two feet in the air and fell on his face.

Then Corey said, "What! What! Why are you screaming? It's just a dragon. I've seen tons of movies about them. What's the problem?"

"Well, I think the dragon might've spoken in my head," I said softly.

Corey looked at me then the dragon and repeated that two times before he started laughing so hard that he started to tear up. "What are you talking about? Dragons can't talk. They can only breathe fire, squeak, and roar and stuff like that," said Corey trying not to laugh.

"Umm, I don't have a clue about who you guys are at all," said the dragon.

"Oh, sorry. My names Mariah and this dumb one is Corey," I said to the dragon curiously.

"Stop talking to that.....that thing," said Corey finally acting serious.

And obviously the dragon didn't like being called a thing so, before I noticed what the dragon was doing, it was too late. The dragon blew a flame out of his mouth and launched it at Corey's butt and Corey started screaming and doing the fire safety rules that we learned in school.