Chapter 2

A few days later...

Lexia P.O.V.

I am currently sitting in my office. The past few days have been hectic for me. After Jack's death, everything changed. Jack had been the energizer of our Pack. Without him, everyone is just moody and sad. Elizabeth and I have tried everything to make them happy, but there's no change in them. I also had to hold a Pack meeting about who's going to be the next Gamma of the Pack. It was a bit tough.

In our Pack the selection of the Pack rankings worked differently. Normally, it used to hereditary. But after I became the Alpha I changed the norm. Now, the Pack members who wanted to become Gamma underwent heavy training. After a week of this training they had to go through three trials. These three trials consisted of different missions. The first one is easy. It is about leadership. The second one is about speed and the third one is about strength. In each of these rounds the candidates who secure the first, second and third position will be qualified for the next round. The others will be eliminated. The third round is the hardest. In this round the remaining candidates will have to face off against me. It is hard as even though I may be blind that doesn't mean that I am weak. I am one of the strongest fighters out there. Except Alpha Xander of course. He is the strongest Alpha and fighter out there. Anyways, back to topic. I know that these Trials are tough but it ensures a strong Gamma and fighter in the Pack. We didn't become the second strongest Pack without doing anything, okay?

The Trials are going to be held tomorrow as we have decided. Right now the trainees are going through their training.

'Alpha, there is a call for you from Alpha Jeremy of the Dawn Pack. I am patching it to your phone.', said Elizabeth from her office which was right beside mine. 'Okay', I replied. Suddenly the phone rang. I picked it up. 'Hello? This is Alpha Lexia of the Silver Current Pack.', I said. A deep voice replied, 'Hello Alpha Lexia, this is Alpha Jeremy from the Dawn Pack.'

'Ah! Jeremy, how are you? Is everything fine? You only call during emergencies', I asked him.

Jeremy Gurdin was an old friend of mine. When I was undergoing training to become Alpha, I met him. We got along quite well actually. I was very famous at that time. I was the 'Silver Current Pack's Blind Alpha in training'. Yes, they​ called me that. Anyways, Jeremy accepted me for me and accepted the fact that I was blind. But after a few years we separated but kept in touch by calling each other occasionally. Jeremy was also one of my allied Packs.

'Hi Lex! I miss you a lot. And I'm fine but not so much. You see there is a problem over here.', he said. 'Why, what happened Jer?', I asked him. He replied, 'Lex, my Pack is being attacked by these rogues. Many of my Pack members have either been killed or injured heavily. These rogues are not ordinary though. They have ruby red eyes and are covered with white fur. They are fierce and exceptionally strong. I need you to help me Lexia.'

I was shocked. The Guards who had saved Jack had also given just the same description of the Rogues' appearance. 'I'll see what I can do, Jer. Our Gamma was also murdered by the same rogues just a few days ago. I'll see what I can do.', I told him. 'Okay, but do whatever you do fast. My Pack's numbers are decreasing very fast.', he replied. 'Okay, Jer. I'll see what I can do.', I said to him and kept the phone down. This was a serious.

Over the next few hours, I got calls from my other allied Packs and all of them were concerned about the White Rogues. Many of them had lost many of their Pack members. This was a really serious matter.

'Alpha, another one is calling.', said a tired Elizabeth to me. I asked her who it was. She said, 'It is Alpha Xander of the Moon Rise Pack'. The Moon Rise Pack was the strongest Pack. People said that Alpha Xander was incredibly handsome with dark brown hair and striking emerald green eyes. As I can't see, I'm not so sure about that.

'Alpha, you there? I could just tell him that you are tired and will talk later.', said Elizabeth. 'NO! I will speak to him right now.', I said to a shocked Elizabeth. 'Okay. I'll patch it to your phone.', she said.

The phone rang. I picked it up. 'Hello? This is Alpha Lexia of the Silver Current Pack. And you are?', I asked. 'Hello Alpha Lexia, this is Alpha Xander of the Moon Rise Pack. I would like to talk to you for a few minutes. If I may?', he greeted me. 'Yes, of course Alpha.', I said to him. 'It's only Xander for you, Alpha. I just wanted to call you and tell you that with all the White Rogues thing, many Alphas are scared of losing their entire Pack. So, I wanted to hold a meeting on the discussion of this topic. And I would like to invite you. It will take place the day after tomorrow. Any questions you have to ask me?', he said. 'Yes, I do have a question. May I know where this meeting is being held? So that I can plan my schedule in that way.', I asked him. 'All the Alphas and their Betas will attend the meeting which will be held at your base. The Himalayas.', he replied.

❣❣❣❣❣

A/N:-

Okay, so I know that I haven't been updating on a regular basis but it's because one of my friends is leaving so we have been preparing for that. So, I updated a bit in the afternoon but then I had to do the farewell work so I didn't write further. I have just come from playing and updated right away. I'm still wearing my sweaty clothes. No need for you to know all of that.

This chapter is just, I think, a filler. So keep voting, commenting, reading and waiting for the next chapter to come out.

I'll see you guys later.....

❣❣❣❣❣🎵❣❣❣❣❣