"Don't apologize," Armelle said with a smile. "Your completely right."

Belinda let out a nervous chuckle. "This isn't exactly what I had in mind for a water birth."

"Alaric, you know we need help so move it." Alaric didn't move though. "I need Elisa here—they can stay with me but you boys need to hurry and get her."

Alaric and Denarus left without argument, moving just as fast as any vampire. Evidently, they had been holding back due to Elif and her. They were human and could never run at such speed.

Elif stood beside Belinda and took her hand just as Belinda prepared herself to give birth, glad she wore a loose short dress. Armelle told her that she couldn't continue to use her gift due to then Belinda not feeling her contractions at all. She had to feel them in order to know when to push.

The moment she felt a sharp pain she bent over letting the tears stream down her face. She had no idea for how long she pushed, but her eyelids were getting heavier. All she wanted to do was fall asleep and rest.

"Hey, keep it up. You're doing great," Elif said as she brushed the wet locks of hair out of her face.

A blanket of darkness covered the forest, indicating it had been a long time. With one final push, Belinda caught her baby and raised her out of the water, smiling.

"She's adorable!" Armelle glanced around, her eyes narrowing before pretending like she was not worried. "I love her white patch of hair!"

Belinda pulled her baby close, loving everything about her. She had big cheeks, a head full of black hair with a white patch in the front. She began to rub the vernix into the baby's skin before pulling her close once again.

She only had a couple of minutes before she felt the contractions again. Elif took the baby from her as she once again pushed for the longest of time. Until finally, her baby boy came, looking identical to his sister. After, of course, she had to also push the placenta out.

"They're both really chubby for that tiny stomach," Armelle laughed. "But then again, you're tall."

"I'm not tall at all." Belinda said as she held her babies in her arms, placing a kiss on their foreheads. "I'm only 5' 6"."

Armelle raised an eyebrow. "Really? I'm bloody 5'1"."

"That must be in human form—that tail of yours is huge." They all laughed, but Belinda stopped, feeling her heart ached at the memory of her parents. They never got to even meet their grandchildren. She fought back tears as she smiled at her babies asleep in her arms.

"Don't talk," Armelle whispered as the water began to shimmer against the moonlight. At an animalistic sound, Belinda forced herself to stay still, hoping with all her might that it wasn't what she thought.

Armelle moved in front of them and placed her hands on their shoulders, eyes glowing against the moonlight. When she met Belinda's gaze, Belinda understood not to move.

A beast leaped from the cover of oaks, wings extended before landing on the ground with a loud thud. It let out a horrific sound, making Belinda close her eyes, holding her babies closer.

When she reopened them, the beast was gone. "What the hell just happened?"

Elif met her gaze. "It just left."