"It's okay," Belinda said as she stepped closer to Abraham, noticing he held a small glass cup on the other hand. She took the dagger from him and hesitated for a moment, the cold blade against her fragile skin for the longest. Until finally, she pulled it across her palm, bitting her lip at the pain.

Once the small cup was half full, she handed him the dagger back. "From now on, this is how I will feed him."

Abraham's eyes widened as he set the cup and dagger on the end table. "From the vein is best... this will not restore his full power—"

"I have made up my mind," she placed her left hand over the open wound on her palm before Abraham took hold of it, glancing at Kassie for a brief moment. When Kassie nodded, he pulled Belinda's hand to his lips so that he could run his tongue over her wound. Within seconds, it healed.

Belinda jerked her hand free. "You didn't have to do that."

He shrugged as he took the cup and dagger. He began to head toward the door that led into the large corridor but halted. "You should really think twice before doing what you're thinking of." Without another word, he exited the room.

Kassie met Belinda's gaze. "Are you really going to reject him? After telling him you would—"

"I can't continue to be by his side after what happened." Belinda sat down on the bed, clasping her hands. "I don't want anything to happen to you, Keisha—everyone I love."

Keisha sat next to her and took her hand. "At the end of the day, it is your choice to make...no one can force you to be with him."

"Except, they signed a contract," Kassie said. "You have to spend time with him."

"I know," Belinda said, her voice so low  she wasn't certain they had heard her.

Kassie crouched in front of her. "I know you don't want us to get hurt—but girl, you said it yourself that the contract states you have to spend time with him—If you break it, you die." Tears accumulated in her eyes as she held Belinda's gaze. "I will not let you do such thing." She wiped away her tears as she stood. "I wouldn't be able to bare the weight of  knowing you died to protect us."

Belinda stood, trying to not break down In tears and hugged Kassie. Keisha joined them and for the longest neither pulled apart.

As a child, her mother would tell her that she would know who truly was loyal to her in the hardest of times. She was beyond lucky to have such friends and would do anything for them.

Neither of them said another word as they finished getting dressed. Minutes later, they all headed downstairs into the living room where a tall female stood, a bright smile on her lips.

She rushed to Belinda's side and hugged her. As she pulled back, she cupped her face. "Oh, wow! You are as gorgeous as the rumors say!" She hugged her again, then headed into the kitchen. "Sorry, the name is Star." Her smile grew from ear to ear. "I hope we become the best of friends!"

"Star, where are Fane and Abraham?" Kassie asked as she stood behind one of the chairs, placing her hands on the backrest.

"Oh, they headed out to get some things."

"Well, can you take us home, then?" Keisha asked.

Star glanced at Belinda wide-eyed. "You can't go back. Not after what happened."

Belinda averted her gaze. "I never agreed to stay here—I have to return to my house and let my parents know I'm okay. I lost my cellphone in the woods." She began to head to the door. "Take us back."

When she opened the door, Abraham smiled at her, bags in hand. He headed into the kitchen and placed them on the counter. "We got some food." His eyes narrowed at the silence that followed. "Is everything okay?"