Chapter 31 - Dead Men Tell No Tales

Start from the beginning

"I assume you got my message?" He asks as he pulls back.

"Did that message come shaped as a Siren pendant? Then yes, I got it. And I have to ask, how did you get hold of it?"

"Well, after my pet fetched what was owed to me, I visited the shipwreck and found that lovely little gem. I'd have thanked your Father but, we both know we can't do that."

I try to lunge at him but my chains hold me back and the handcuffs cut into my skin, and I can feel the blood dripping down my hand. He chuckles.

"Hook was the last person to have the pendant, so why was it on my ship?"

"Oh, your uncle and your father had a little meeting because your father was going to give it to me to end the deal. One of the reasons why you were heading to Neverland, actually. He wanted to get some of that poison to try and kill me, but, as we know, I was one step ahead."

"You really think I believe you?"

"Well, it started with your father visiting me..."

~ Liam and Davy Jones meeting

"Well, this is an unexpected visit. Would you like me to return you to your previous state?" Jones asks as Liam enters his quarters.

"No. I'm here to negotiate," Liam replies, shutting the door behind him.

"Trying to save your daughter's life?"

"Exactly," Liam confirms, nodding his head once, "and I'm serious," and he places his sword on Jones' desk.

"Do begin. What do you have to offer?" Jones asks.

"I know where the key is. I can get it, I will bring it to you and take you to the Elixir myself. I just want to get Davina out of this deal. I-" Liam begins.

"And your family never has to know," Jones says, "there's a sense of nobility in this. Wanting to rescue your daughter, and your wife, for that matter. But lying to them about such a thing...that's a big secret to keep. Don't you think?"

"I know. But they would understand, and I'm willing to accept the consequences."

"You know...I would have to transfer Davina's punishment to you. The Black Spot, the scar...would you be willing to take that burden on?"

"Is that even a question? She's my daughter. Of course I'm willing to take the burden on," Liam says, determined to get the deal done.

"That would mean she would notice. Davina-"

"Just replicate it. And then as soon as you've had the Elixir...remove both of them," Liam demands.

"If I don't see you within the next...year...at the maximum, the consequences will catch up with you."

"Deal," Liam agrees and holds out his hand, and Jones repeats the binding agreement with Liam, the same as the one that condemned Davina.

- - -

~ Hook and Liam, the same year

"The Brother's Jones, reunited once again," Hook says and the pirate sibling's cheers with their tankards, swigging the ale, "What can I do for you, Brother?"

"Killian...this is serious. This concerns Davina..." Liam says in a low voice, and a straight face to communicate the danger of what he needs.

"What is it? Has she been taken again? She's not...sentenced to...is she?" Hook asks, fearing that the Monarchy has once again prosecuted the pirate population.