34 - "heartbreak feels timeless"

Comenzar desde el principio

-

With Grayson being gone for ten minutes, I already found myself thinking of the changes that were going to come. Will it hit me hard like I think it might? Will it hit be when it's late at night, alone in my bed and a chic-flick playing on the television?

I would refuse to be one of those girls who's world crumbles apart because of a guy, I knew I was better than that. However, I couldn't help but feel as though there is no reason for my existence without him and I hated that.

The sound of the door opening, startled me and I instantly sit up bringing this sheets with me to cover my naked self. I thought it may have been a maid, coming to clean up or even bring breakfast however I hadn't ordered anything and I didn't see Grayson call reception.

My air filled chest lets out a dramatic sigh of relief of as Christina walks into the room. Looking as though she had thrown on whatever item of clothing was by her side, she removed the sunglasses from her dark eyes.

"Chris?" I call out with a whisper as she slowly walks toward me, her heels sinking into the carpet before Ethan follows after her. "How did you get in here?"

Feeling underdressed, I sink further into the sheet in hope that I was well covered. I felt ashamed, they knew about Grayson and I's previous events - it was obvious. Neither of them showed an expression toward the fact I was naked under the covers, instead they seemed unfazed by my lack of attire.

"A maid let us in." Chris answered me, her voice sounding hoarse and Ethan breathlessly pants behind her as though he had ran after Chris as she stormed towards the hotel in manic rage.

Both their eyes looked tired. The dark bags under their eyes seemed to droop and they looked fed up. Ethan'a eyes looked puffy, he had been crying all night and Chris' mascara had fallen from her long eyelashes to show a dark mess under her eyes. I knew Grayson and I were the reason behind this.

Maybe if I had never met Grayson, Ethan and Chris would be fine. Oh god, but I am too selfish to allow myself to not have been captivated with Grayson's world.

"Ang, we need to tell you something." She begins, her hands out in front of her as if to steady my freaked emotions, I didn't know what I was feeling. I was more curious than ever.

"What do you need to tell me at 7 in the morning?" I ask I panic as I glance at the clock of the nightstand, my eyes feeling tired as I read the early time.

"It's important for you to know." Ethan told me, his chest rises slowly as he took in a deep breathe. He stands by the door, his muscled arms crossed across his chest as Chris moves to sit at the end of bed, her eyes looking down at the duvet as her fingers trace the embroidered patterns.

"Bu-" I try to speak however Chris interferes.

"I don't know when Grayson was going to tell you this - or if he was going to tell you at all." She confesses and a large lump suddenly formed in throat, I hoped I could choke on it so I didn't have to be here right now.

I liked it when it was just Grayson and I. When we were finally alone.

"Tell me what?" I ask, my voice become louder, not caring if I now sounded like a madwoman.

Christina looks toward Grayson's sleeping body, her hands moving towards her hips and I notice a round bump on her stomach. A baby bump.