Rule 10. I'm Perfectly Capable of Taking Care of Myself

Comincia dall'inizio

She fixed me with a glare, “I don’t make the rules. Anyway I talked to Ron and he said that the boss-man’s been getting pissy and wants you off the job. Apparently Jim-Jam’s the cause.”

I rolled my eyes, “Little ol’ me? I feel flattered.”

“Shut up turd,” She turned to Tose, “You need to talk to the boss-man.”

“Who’s this boss-man?” I asked, standing up and seeing a good Chinese place across the way, “he sounds like a controlling boyfriend.”

“Dude,” Kenzie grabbed my hand, and electricity shot through me from head to toe. Whoa.

“Huh?” I blinked again.

“You’re gonna stay with me.”

“What? Tempting as that is, I’m going to eat then I’m going home.” I pulled my hand out of hers.

“No sir, sorry but from here on I’m kidnapping you. You’re probably gonna be in trouble, if the boss-man wants to get rid of you so Corpse Breath goes back to the dark side then he’s gonna send the brothers out to get you.”

“If Hypnos is coming to get me what’s he gonna do, sleep me do death?”

“No he’s gonna send the other brothers. The horsemen.”

Tose’ shoulders sagged, “Oh. Them. Yeah you better stay with Kenzie, Jamie. My brothers aren’t your average hunt.”

I shrugged, “If Sam and Dean can do it then so can I.”

Tose grinned, “that’s probably the case, but you still should probably stay with Kenzie.”

“Sam and Dean?” Kenzie looked between us, “am I missing something?”

I sighed, “I have one condition that I’d like to make.”

“Yeah?” That was Tose, and at the same time Kenzie said, “Spill it.”

“I can take care of myself. However if it makes you feel better you can tag along. Also you have to fix the hole in my house. Then I can introduce you to Sam and Dean.”

“Are you kidding?”

“No. I’m not going to your place, and you’re not kidnapping me.”

She pushed away from the table and got right up in my face, there was an energy crackling between us and I raised my eyebrows but said nothing, “fine douchnozzle, but only because I like you.” She stepped away.

I sniggered, “Sure. You only insult me every second sentence- you sure you like me?”

She looked up through her eyelashes, and I think I forgot what we were talking about. But my stomach gave a loud grumble before I remembered that I wanted some Chinese food.

“You want some noodles?” I started walking, “oh yeah bye Tose. Good luck mate.” I slapped the guy on the back before walking over to the food place.

We ordered and the lady behind the counter shot us a grin, “Paying together or separately?”

“I’m not paying for him,” Kenzie said the same time as I said, “I’m not paying for her.”

The lady gave me a weird look, as if I probably should pay for Kenzie, but I paid for my food and walked to the tables again.

“Okay. So where do we start?”

***

“Guardians of the Galaxy? Looks stupid.”

“Fine then just stay out here and glare at the idle masses.”