I was completely speechless. I've never been a basketball fan, but I know that when teams look for a clinic that can help the player recover, they pay a lot of money for it. I don't know who this Jimmy Butler is, like I said, I'm not a basketball fan, but if he is one of those irreplaceable players, then the amount of money they are wiling to pay is going to be big. Not only that money is going to help my family, is also going to give recognition to the clinic for having an NBA player recovering there.

"Yes sir, we got it!" I started "We are the best clinic in town and we won't let this organization down! When would you like to meet sir?"

"Is it okay in three days? Butler is on his way to the infirmary right now, and we still need to know how many weeks he's going to be out"

"Yeah, sure!" I think that he could feel my excitement over the phone "We'll see you in three days sir"

The man hung up the phone and I was still staring at the phone with the biggest smile on my face. My thouhgts were interrupted when my mom shows up in front of me.

"Why are you smiling like that?" my mom asked.

"Guess who just called" my mom's look just changed into a scared one.

"Who?"

"The Chicago Bulls strength coach. They need our best physiotherapist because one of their players got one hell of a bad injury" I said happily, as my mom started jumping enthusiastically.

"That is amazing! Not the fact that the poor boy got an injury, but this is going to help us and the clinic a lot!" I love seeing her this happy. She deserves it all.

"We are meeting in three days" I started "And you are we are the women they're looking for"

"I'm pretty sure you are the one they're looking for" my mom told me smirking. "I'm old"

"Mom, you're forty-three" I chuckled "You're going to help me taking care of an NBA player's career"

"You'll be just fine" she started "You're just scared"

"Damn right I'm scared!" I said staring at my mom laughing.

I could either be a hero or a villain in this whole "Having an NBA player's career in my hands" story....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy

"Oh my God! Is he okay?" 

"Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy!"     

"We can't play without him" 

"Jimmy man you okay bro?"

All I could hear was fans screaming and Wade talking to me, tho the only think I could think about was my fucking ankle that was hurting like shit. 

"Man, I can't move my freaking ankle" I said to Wade, who was looking down at me worried.

"Get me Michael here now!" Wade screamed to everyone around us.

Now I know Michael is going to fix this ankle. He is our physiotherapist and he is one of the best in the league.

Michael approached us, kneeling down so he could see how my ankle was "Jimmy how are you holding up man?"

"Trying not to freak out" I said, as I was looking at my swollen ankle.

"Okay let me see how bad this ankle is" after Michael said this, he touched my ankle softly.

"AH FUCK MAN" I screamed in pain, scaring everyone around me.

"Yap, this looks pretty bad" Michael concluded "Hey guys, bring me the stretcher!" Michael demanded to the medical team.

"Jimmy Butler, out" I heard this voice over the arena. 

(...)

I am at the infirmary right now, laying down in the stretcher with some bandages around my ankle and staring at a poster on the wall of Michael Jordan quoting

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying"

Before I could even make an assumption about that quote, I hear a couple of knocks at the door "May I?" Michael asked. I nodded for him to come in.

"So what's up with this ankle?" I asked, pointing at it.

"You sprained your ankle" Michael started. "The problem is that it wasn't a normal sprain"

"What do you mean?" I asked worried.

"This kind of injury can take you from four to six weeks to recover" 

"So what you're saying is ..."before I could finish, Michael interrupts me.

"The probability of you playing in the playoffs this year is very low right now"

This can't be happening to me...

I rubbed my face "Now what am I supposed to do?"

"Man you're going to do recovery at a clinic here in Chicago and now you need to focus on getting that ankle good again" Michael rested his hand on my shoulder smiling.

"Yeah" I smiled weakly "Would you mind if I be alone for a sec? Don't get me wrong man, I just need to process all of this you know?"

"Yeah I understand Jimmy" Michael said, leading himself to the door, opening it "Just for you to know, we are meeting with that clinic in three days alright?" I nodded "You're gonna be okay man. Be strong" 

Michael left the infermary and I could still feel this horrible pain in my damn ankle, making me want to punch this shit... 

I looked at the MJ's poster again and I read underneath his quote

"Six time NBA champion and six time NBA Finals MVP"

"Now tell me MJ" I started saying to the poster "Tell me how am I supposed to go through this injury, watching my team, the team that you once called champions, playing and having the best time of their lives without my support huh? Tell me how am I supposed to try if the only thing I see coming out of this is failure? I'm injured MJ, I'm useless and that is killing me"