He had fallen for her. Much harder than he had ever thought possible. Losing her was not an option anymore. He would never be complete now, if she left him. If she left them.

"Oh love, you didn't have to! We should be the ones doing this for you, not the other way round! You're supposed to let us do the pampering and the cooking and the whatever not." Rick said, his face in a disapproving frown, but his eyes shone with happiness.

"I wanted to. It was the least I could do. I'm sorry I couldn't afford more, otherwise I'd have taken all four of you out for dinner or something." Layla said, her head hanging down in shame as her fingers clutched her apron harder. 

Immediately Matt's large hands enveloped hers and unclenched her fingers one by one. "Don't be silly sweetheart. We can eat out any day, but you cooking for us, is the one thing we can never get, no matter how much money we have. We appreciate your effort, much much more than whatever else money can buy." 

Touched by the sincerity in his voice, Layla looked up into his eyes and was pulled into their warm depths. She couldn't help it, and wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug, burying her head in his big broad chest. "Thank you. I'm glad you do."

She smiled as she felt him kiss her hair and caress the nape of her neck tenderly.

Breathing in a deep breath, as well as mustering her courage, she pulled back from her hug and smiled at Matt. "Well, time to eat." 

She got up from her seat and went to the end of the table, before curtsying slightly. "Good evening gentlemen, my name is Layla and I'll be your maid for tonight."

Immediately, she noticed the change in the intensity in their stares as they looked at her. It made her feel all hot and bothered, but she couldn't understand why.

Coughing to cover up her discomfort, she cleared her throat and continued. "Well, I'll just serve dinner first then." 

She hurriedly left the dining table and went into the kitchen. breathing a sigh of relief as she felt their stares being blocked by the door of the kitchen.

--------------------

"Hey guys, what do you think?" Lysander asked, a rare frown on his face as he rested his chin on his interlocked fingers.

"I hope it is as she says, just a simple thank you." Damon sighs, running a hand through his brown curls worriedly.

"What if....what if...... she plans on.. you know.... leaving us." Lysander said softly, his expression now blocked by his hands as he rested his forehead on them.