[Chapter 1: Savior]

Start from the beginning

Although, something seemed off about her. Some of the skin on her lower body is scratched off and what seems to be a silvery smooth metal, is in place of what should be flesh. It's kinda creepy.... Not only that, but her clothes seem to be part of her skin, no, more like a drawing was etched into it. I turn my attention back to her face. In a low weak voice,

"Uhh... Are you the one that saved me, um...?" While waiting for a name in reply, my head averts away in slight fear, the expression on her face... scratch that, there was no expression on her face. It looked as if she never smiled a day in her life. That stern glare is intimidating. 

"YoRHa Type A No.2." A robotic voice breaks the silent atmosphere. Next to the woman, I've again failed to notice another.... what is that? It's no bigger than a text book and is a sort of upright rectangular box made out of metal. It's also suspended in mid air, nothing seems to be helping it stay up, no rockets, boosters, or anything. Two pivots take their place at the bottom of the machine, small pipe shaped arms are attached to the ends, each with three finger like appendages. 

"Don't speak for me. Idiot." The woman coldly replies to the machine. 

"Analysis: YoRHa Type A No.2 was having difficulty replying to the human's inquiry as to how he should address you, it is part of my protocol that I assist y-" 

"SHUT UP. You talk too much, useless pod," The woman turns back to face me. "As for you, just call me A2. And yes, I found you writhing in the sand, blood spattered everywhere. Those damn machines..."

Frightened by A2's serious tone, I reply timidly, "Well um... thanks for saving me A2." 

What kind of name is A2? I mean that's not even her full name, I think it's  pronounced Your-ha..... something something two? The more I get to know her, the stranger this gets. 

"Say A2, I know I just met you, but what was that thing? The robot like thing that attacked me?" I ask, hoping to find clarity of my situation.

"Hmm? That's right you don't... Let me ask you a couple of things first." She replies. 

"That's fine I suppose, you saved me after all."

"Where did you come from? How did you end up out there like that?"

"Well, I woke up in my apartment on the brink of starving to death. I slowly made my way out and was confronted by that machine and here I am now."

"Starving?"

The floating machine interjects, "Humans require food which provide nutrients in order to maintain life. YoRHa Type A No.2 , I am worried about your knowledge on our creators."

"Quiet you," A2 replies, "Do you remember your name? Do you remember any time or event at all before your apartment?"

Trying to rack something up in my mind,  an empty void surfaces up no matter how hard I try. 

I do my best to answer her questions regardless, "My name is umm," Huh? "It's," I don't at least know my own name? "I'm not really sure. I don't quite remember anything before waking up either."

"Pod, make yourself useful and extract from his memory circuits." 

The pod answers back, "Request: Impossible."

"Huh?! Why the hell is that?" A2 gets angrier at the pod.

"Humans do not contain memory circuits. Instead, they utilize a brain to recall memories. Memory functions in six different parts of the brain and is a basic structure of the human anatomy. The brain is a biological component and cannot be repa-"

"Ughhh, enough! I knew that..." A2 looks a tiny bit flustered and I sit and watch in silence as they continue talking. 

"Proposal: A2 should replace the human's bandages. If left on for an extended period of time, unsanitary bandages may slow the healing process and cause an infection."

"Yeah yeah..." A2 gets up from a small ottoman and places herself beside my bed. She rests her silky hands on my upper chest. I jump a little from the feeling. Her hands are freezing, but in contrasts, my face begins to turn warm up again when she starts to untwine my wrap. She pauses for a second with a puzzled look. I think she noticed, once again i'm embarrassed.

She stops for a second and turns to the suspended rectangle, "Hey pile of junk, why does he keep turning red like that? Does he have an infection or something?"

It replies, "Analysis: The red hue is due to the human's experience of a self-conscious emotion called: embarrassment and is not a sign of infection. Hypothesis: Said embarrassment is most likely caused by YoRHa Type A No.2's designed appearance.  The male human is partial to your appearance and has a natural instinct to look for an ample mate, so that it may rep-"

"STOP!!!" My mouth opens to prevent the thing from speaking any further. I feel like I'm about to die from this humiliating situation...

"Said process is not possible with androids."

"Yeah that's right, it's not po- wait what?"

"Repeat: Reproduction with an android is not possible."

"Android?"

"Repeat: It is not possible to create children with androids, due t-"

"STOP! I get that part already. I get it. But what I don't get is why the fuck do you refer to me as      "Human"? A2 right here sure as hell looks like a human. Why doesn't your floating buddy, who defies all the laws of physics with his magic levitation shit, refer to you as a human as well? Is this some kind of practical joke? Are you guys role playing or something? What's all this bullshit about androids? Machines? I haven't seen a single god damn person except for you since I woke up.It doesn't se-"

"That's because I'm not human." A2 interrupts.

"What?"

*pop*

"I'm an android. Look." A2 detaches her left arm effortlessly from her shoulder like some kind of magic show. Wires protrude out of her shoulder. What the fuck is going on....

*pop*

After reattaching her arm, she glances back at me.

"The only reason you haven't seen anyone else, is because you're the last one."