Much to Chase's enjoyment. He and Lewis heard the whole thing.

"What are you working on?" Lewis sighed, pushing his textbook as far away from himself as he could. "It's got to be ten times more interesting than whatever I'm working on."

I smiled, rolling my eyes at him. I actually needed the extra help with my little project, and Lewis would be the perfect person to bounce ideas off of.

"It's a short story." I started, handing my phone over to him. "It explains the whole thing in the email. But my internship requires that I turn in a new work of my own-"

"For potential publishing?" Lewis finished for me. His eyes only got wider as he scanned over the email. "Bree, this is great! You could have a story published by the end of the next semester."

"That's why I've been planning for the last hour," I said. "This is a huge opportunity."

"Then what's taking you so long? You haven't written a thing."

I rolled my eyes a second time with that.

"You don't think I know I that?" I scoffed, slapping Lewis' upper arm. "It's the pressure! I suck under pressure."

"No, you can't use that," Lewis shook his head. "That's my whole deal. You're amazing under pressure, and you know it. Your inspiration just won't hit until the night before."

"Oh that's great." I mocked, falling back in my chair and crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm supposed to write a ten chapter short story the night before I'm supposed to turn it in."

"Exactly," Lewis chuckled. The man patted my arm gently, silently reassuring me that I could do this. I was good enough, no matter what I said. "You've got a long time before any of this is due. Why start now?"

"Because," I huffed. "I thought that if I wrote things out, that maybe I could work everything out in my own mind. But that's obviously not working."

"And whatever could you mean by everything?" Lewis asked, narrowing his eyes in on me. He knew without even having to ask, though, and we both knew it. "You want to work out your feelings for Chase."

He hit the nail on the head.

"I don't know," I huffed, running my hands though my hair as I did. "Lately, I keep waiting for something to happen. Like some big moment is going to happen between us that will tell me exactly what I need to do. But..." I trailed off, biting into my lip nervously.

No wonder Chase and I couldn't work things out; I hated talking about my feelings. That's probably why I had gotten into writing, it made the words flow a bit easier.

"So there hasn't been a moment between you two?" Lewis asked, resting his elbows on the table in front of him. "There haven't been any signs as to whether you guys should hang or-"

"Don't even finish that sentence," I warned, pointing at him sternly. "The only moment we've had was that kiss on stage a few weeks ago. Ever since then, all we've done is avoid conversations, and fake some when you and Alan are around."

"You guys have been faking conversations?" Lewis chuckled, his eyes lighting up with joy. "That's the best."

"No," I groaned. "It's the worst."