Chapter 2

Piper's POV

The time I spent with Jennifer the other night was quite... Intimate, I don't know how to describe it in any other way. She was very touchy and... Affectionate. I know it sounds weird but some of the things she did like the touch of a hand or the odd giggle. I don't know if it's just her personality or if she was coming on to me. I have mixed feelings when I look back on it. I was under the impression that she was straight but now I'm not so sure. Myself on he other hand I have struggled with my sexual identity for years.

If she was coming on to me I am very flattered and happy about that but I don't want to make an advance towards her, in case I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I haven't seen Jennifer since I left that morning. She stayed up the entire night with me. Talking to me and trying to get to know me but I kept a firm guard up. I kept the conversation trained on her and her life and she wasn't shy at all she answered any of my questions. I didn't tell her very much about myself so that I don't have to let her close to me... Only until I know her intentions.

I'm dragged from my thoughts when my phone begins to ring. I drag it from the pocket of my black, quilted, thin puffer jacket. Jennifer's name laces the caller ID. I reluctantly swipe right and bring the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hi Pipes," I can practically hear her smirk. She thought of the nickname the other night and I didn't object.

"What's up?" I smile down the phone slightly.

"I was just wondering when you're next shift is?" She questions.

"I'm on the day shift tomorrow," I reply.

"Okay. Where are you? It's loud," She sniggers down the line.

"I'm at the track," I tell her over the roar of the engines. I told her about how I have aspirations to be a F1 driver and that I spend a lot of my free time at the track, I also told her how it's unrealistic and silly but that's all I told her about myself.

"Oh cool, what you doing after? Want to go get some lunch?" She queries and I can feel the hope in her tone radiating through me.

"Uh..." I scratch the back of my neck nervously.

"Well?" She asks impatiently.

"Yeah sure why not," I reply.

"Great, where do you want to go?" She asks.

"Actually screw lunch want to do something tonight?" I exclaim surprised at myself. I want to confront her about her intentions but in a subtle way.

She pauses for a second before answering. It's the longest pause I've ever had to sit through.

"Uhh... Yeah I guess?" She stutters. For some reason I'm glad I've made her nervous.

"I'll pick you up at 9," I tell her and hang up quickly. I don't want to drag out the conversation for longer than necessary.

I spent he rest of the day doing lap times in a formula ford car and by the end of it I ached all over.
I went straight from the track to Jennifer's. It was 8 when I finished and it took about an hour to get to her house.

I climb out of my car and walk up the steps to her house with a feeling of hesitation and dread running through me but I ignore it and push myself to the front door.

"Coming!" She yells through the door to me and I step to the side waiting patiently for her to open the heavy wooden door.

Seconds later the door swings open revealing Jennifer as she steps onto the step beside me and closes the door. She wears denim on denim and a black v-neck under her oversized denim jacket, a grey beanie hangs off the back of her head and she stands a few inches taller than me in high heeled black sandals.

Her outfit gives off casual but stylish vibes and mine just radiates comfort and the fact that I just don't give a shit in my white t-shirt, denim jeans and black skate shoes. I feel intimidated by Jennifer's choice of outfit and I coil into myself slightly out of embarrassment.

"Uhh.. Shall we?" I stammer slightly and she just smiles in return and walks down the steps towards my car, a blue Volkswagen Golf GTD.

"Nice car," She compliments and I smile in return as I climb into the driver seat.

"So where are we headed?" She inquires and I reply by giving her a side glance that I'm sure she saw and tap the side of my nose, indicating that it's for me to know and for her to find out.

A/N: This is slightly shorter than the first chapter but how was it?