Don't Forget Where You Belong

2010

"Good luck!" I squished my best friend in the tightest hug I could give him.

"Thanks, I'll need it," he laughed.

"no you won't! You'll do great! I know you will! Just promise me one thing?"

"what would that be?" he questioned, his Irish accent thicker than usual.

"don't forget me? ..please?" I practically begged, coming off more pathetic than intended.

He gently pushed me from our hug by my shoulders, looked into my eyes and said, "I could never forget my best friend, even if I wanted to... you're stuck with me forever Dani," he smiled.

"I'm going to miss you-"

"Niall, honey, we've got to get on the plane, we'll miss our flight, sorry," Miss Horan said with empathy.

The boy that I've loved like a brother for about 16 years gave me one last hug, then started walking for the plane. "Ni!" I called just before he was out of earshot. He looked back with a questioning expression and I said, "Don't forget where you belong.."

"never," he said, then turned and followed his mum. I slowly walked the other way, desperately hoping 2 things, 1: that Niall would keep his promises, and 2: that I wouldn't be crying by the time I get back to my mum in the car. I detoured to the bathroom to touch up the smudged makeup, before venturing to the car to go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: heyy this is my second story so...yeah... um... I'm kind of taking a break from my other story cuz its not really good anyway lol but I'll still write that one, I'll just be more focused on this one.... also, the characters are the same but whatever... okayy I guess that's it for now... so vote and comment and stuff :) byeee

~Dani

2/27/14