Parayi-The Outsider

Sometime I think I should name it "Being An Indian Girl". I used to think that being an Indian girl is so difficult. At every step of life you have to face boundations.
      Every step you take out of home is so closely monitored.

"Each and every step that you take out of your home, brought you closer to the outer world and away from your home."

" Your home is your sanctuary, your safe haven, Don't do something to loose it."

" You are our honour, it is your duty to maintain that honour in the society."

"Be respectful to others" ( even though those others treat you like sh**, still you have to be respectful).

All these things are just example of what we are told every step of life, or more like every day.

These things are not just what we are told but are expexted of us too.
        That is the way we are expected to live. If we step one foot out of the way set for us, we are a disgrace.
     Sometimes I think to myself;
'what is this way?'

      Who said that we have to walk on it and can't change our way.

There is another thing we are made to realised at every step of our life, that being a girl automatically made you an inferior to boys and that too is according to the society.
     But I ask;

"What is society?"

  "Who is society?"

"Who gave it the right to rule our life?"

"Why are we so bound to it,

Or Whatever it says?"

"Why can't we be ourselves?"

"Why can't we be free of its rule?"

"Why only girls have to obey its rules?"

"Why its always girls,  who have to bear consequences of everyone's action?"

"Why can't we live like boys do?"

"Why are we subjugated to this partial behaviour of society?"

"Why can't we be happy the way we want?"

(The most important question)

"Why are we, the one to leave our home when, we get married?"

Why parents are treated like scums during and after the marriage of their daughter? When they are the one who gave the world's most worthy charity, you know 'Kanya daan'.

"Why do we have to change our name,once we are married?"

"Why do we have to leave our previous life behind?"

"Why can't we live both?"

Why a woman is always treated like a possession, first of her father and then of her husband, to give away at their will?

Why does women have no will?

"Why bearing a son is a God gift but bearing a daughter is a sin?"

"Why a daughter is a curse?"

Why marriage is so important to people even for parents?

You know, now days, every girl in India have these questions in her mind,especially the last one. Even now this question haunts me, why is marriage so important for our parents(sigh)?

Why can't we live the way we are?

Why our parents are so adamant on kicking us out of their home?

     This question is one that assault every Indian Bride's mind, especially one day prior to her wedding.
    Last day, when she is allowed to call her parents's home her own. Last day when that family will be all she would call 'My family'. Because after that one day, she would be an outsider for her own family, with whom she spent her to that day. Because after that last day, she will lost the right to call them 'her family'.

Now there's another family, whom she have to call 'her family'. Even though she would still be an outsider for her new family and will always remain one.

You know that is one thing in Indian social culture that almost every women hate.

A women will always remain an outsider, be it a family she is born in, or the family she is married in. She is never accepted, never trusted, always named 'PARAYI'.