I lean back along with the girls, as Jackie speaks.

  "So, what do we do?" Mylene asks getting Jackie's attention as she shakes her head at her parents.

  "We're gonna go to the record pool-"

  "What's that?"Fuerte asks.

  "The record pool is where they distribute all the latest singles to the DJs, and most of these singles are rejects from the record companies, because the record companies don't know beans, but Leslie Lesgold knows beans, and hits too." He informs us as we listen carefully to him.

  "Who's this Leslie Lesgold?" Papa Fuerte questions him again.

"Yes, and is he a homosexual? 'Cause if so-" Mylene's dad begins, causing me to groan quietly and slouch further into my seat. So what if Leslie Lesgold is, they could make or break Mylene, why should it matter?

  "Leslie Lesgold is a nice jewish girl." Jackie cuts him off, before he can go any further.

  "I respect the Jewish faith." He puts his hands back in his pockets and moves to Mama Lydia.

  "We got an appointment with her tomorrow night." Jackie walks in front of us, directing it mainly to us.

  "Oh, snap!" Regina and Yolanda yells high-fiving each other.

  "Congratulations girls." Mr. Cruz speaks over our loud squeals of delight.

"We gotta play it for Zeke!" Mylene adds. I nod along with her.

  "Okay, Let's go!" I grab my bag from the table and the girls follow after me as Mylene grabs the record.

---

"An abandoned mansion? Really?" Regina tsks as we walk through to the entrance.

  "Dizzee! Zeke!" I yell as soon as my feet hit the floor of the hide away. I hear some shuffling as we get closer to the main room.

  "Mani, hey." Zeke says as we walk in to see all of the boys sitting there.

"We need you guys to listen to this!" I smile and rush over to the player. I pull it from the cover and set it down and let the needle drop on it. I nod my head as the song starts off and Mylene starts singing.

  "You've got the keys, come set me free, come set me free, come set me free,  you've got the keys, come rescue me!" I sing along as Dizzee dances to it. I smile a move over to him as Ra-Ra speaks.

  "It's definitely different, it's not commercial, but it's good anyway."

"Come here," Boo-Boo grabs Regina's arm. "Let me set you free."

She smacks at him and pulls her arm away and moves to the other side of Mylene.

"Yo, this is the Get Down Brother's time, this is the whack shit." Shao grabs Zekes arm and he moves past him.

"He's so wrong Mylene, this song's gonna set so many people free!" He dances more next to me making me laugh even more.

"It speaks to planets and galaxies that already know what we're learning down here, freedom is everything, and that's why it's so important." He raises his arms up and letting them drop. I smile widely at him as he speaks. The boys make some noise beginning to speak as Shao start.

"Yo, this shit is garbage!"

  "Kiss my ass!" I yell back at him. Mylene snorts at my statement, where as Regina just plain out laughs.

  "Don't listen to him." Dizzee denies. "Everyone deserves to hear this song."

  "Dizze, man just sit down."