2.

"Do demigods even sleep?" Moana was laying on her cot, head hanging off the side and slightly upside-down. She stared off at Maui, who was rubbing flecks of dirt off of his fishhook. He shuffled a bit, moving his legs into a more comfortable position, or at least, the most comfortable one he could get into when sitting on the floor of  Moana's hut.

"Gods? It's more like hibernation. Ya' know, to pass time until the world needs them. Demigods? I'm not sure how many are out there besides myself. But, I sleep a lot, so I can only think that other demigods sleep." His eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Although Te Fiti had restored his fishhook, there were small divots where the large cracks used to be. There was where Maui had gotten the dirt stuck.

"So you sleep a lot, but Te Fiti just hibernates? How boring." With a huff, Moana thrust herself upwards, black curls falling against her face and into her eyes. After a small puff of air from her mouth, she attempted to move all of the hair back into place and untangle it. Unfortunately, this only resulted in a large curly knot on the back of her head. The girl groaned loudly, pulling and yanking on the hair to get it out of the knot, which just so happened to make it much worse than before.

"Mo, if you keep pulling on it, they'll have to cut it out. Stay still, you silly girl." Maui got up from his spot on the floor and sat behind Moana on the cot. With large, yet gentle fingers, he carefully pulled out the knot. It took a good fifteen or twenty minutes, but her hair was back to normal. He ended the know-undoing session with a small pat atop her head. "There ya' go, Mo."

After a few moments, Maui's weight lifted from the cot. "I-I'm sorry, haha. It's not right of me to be on your bed," he chuckled, rubbing the back of his head nervously. "Besides, shouldn't we be out doing something, Mo? Let's adventure. Wait-- let's go to the ocean. I'm sure it misses you after all this Chief business." He says the word 'chief' with a roll of his eyes, sticking his hands up by his head and making a swirling gesture. One that Moana frowns at, and taps her foot. But, after a few moments, her pout is replaced by a cheeky smile.

"Oh, all right." Her own eyes roll, and she stands up from the cot. Maui grabs her hands and swings her around with a laugh.

"What can I say except: you're welcome? For getting the knot off of your head? What can I say except: you're welcome? For getting you up off of your bed!" Maui sang out to her. Of course this earned a giggling laugh in response, Moana retreating from his grasp and sprinting out of the hut.

"Hey, Maui! I'll race you there!"

"Okay, Mo. But I can't guarantee you won't lose!" He raised his fishhook in the air, ready to swing wih his signature 'Yahoo!', but instead Moana countered him. \

"And no shapeshifting!"

---

Tui crossed his arms against his chest in frustration. Sina was immediately by his side, caressing his bicep and sighing.

"It'll be okay, Maui is just here for a visit. I'm sure he will go back to Te Fiti sometime soon." She cooed, laying her head to rest just below her husband's shoulder. The Chief took a long breath of slight relief. She really knows how to calm a man down, doesn't she? He thought to himself.

"I know. But, that trickster demigod always brings trouble with him. Or makes some sort of silly mistake. You've heard the legends and stories that Tala told. And many have held true." He tilted his head down, moving to have Sina to his chest, his chin atop her head. "I just fear for the village's safety. Who knows what kind of monsters or troubles are looking for him. Or looking to provoke him for Te Fiti's sake."

"I know you do... But, come inside. Just relax for a little bit. Maui did train a master Wayfinder. I'm sure if anything bad happens, those two will have it covered."

"I guess you're right. Thank you, Sina." Tui leaned and kissed his wife's head, and followed her into their own little hut.

A/N Hi! Sorry for not updating so quickly. Tomorrow will be a little busy, but I hope to be able to post another part Friday morning. Let me know what you think in the comments, any suggestions or helpful criticism too! Thank you guys for reading, hope you all continue to follow. And don't forget to vote, vote, vote!