Fear the New Girl

Keoni and I talked for a while longer before we ate lunch with his family. I was prepared for hot dogs and what not, you know something you’d eat on a pool day, but no, instead we had fillet mignon with rice and vegetables, when we were done, the dessert came. I thought, oh ice cream. No. It was baklava and apple pie with cinnamon and a dollop of whipped cream on it. The pie was warm and it practically melted in your mouth. The baklava was heavenly.

Needless to say, when lunch was over, I was too stuffed to do anything. But the guys went in for seconds. How they did that? I have no idea.

I left the table and the intriguing conversation about which girl has the best body and went back to my room.

When I came through my door the first thing I saw was the spiral staircase. I walked toward it. It was a metal staircase painted white and looked almost boring. Actually besides the bed and mural, the room looked really boring.

They said they decorated it, but I don’t see how they did that. I moved away from the stairs and went to my bags. I took the ones with my clothes into my closet waiting for me to unpack them. I took off my hoodie and threw it on one of the couches.

I went back to my other bags and started to unpack them. My feet tapping the hardwood floor beneath them with every step.

I put some books from my bags on the shelf. I just successfully filled a fifth of one of the six shelves.

“This room needs some serious personalizing,” I said to myself.

I took out my laptop and placed it on my desk. I placed a family photo on the shelf next to the door. I put my toiletries into the bathroom. I hooked up my dock on my bedside table and put my iPhone on it. It started playing Too Close for Comfort by McFly. I began singing along as I put the rest of my stuff away.

When I got to the unpacking of my clothes, I ended up getting halfway through before I started singing along to the song. I jumped on my couches and pretended I was singing in front of a huge crowd.

When the song ended, I jumped down and sighed. I loved that song so much. Then Talking to the Moon by Bruno Mars came on and I went back for an encore. While I was singing this very sad song, I pulled out a dress and started dancing with it. 

When the song finished I went back to organizing my closet. Most of my clothes were in the boxes coming over later. I put the shoes I brought on a shelf. My jeans and shirts were put on hangers; jeans on the front right rack, shirts front left. My dresses and skirts put together on the rack next to my jeans. Shorts in a drawer under the jeans. Undies and socks in the drawer under the shirts. Pajamas put on the rack next to the shirts.

All in all, I had hung up ten shirts, four jeans, two dresses, two skirts, and a set of pj’s. I had three shorts, ten sets of undies, and ten pairs of socks in the drawers. Two pairs of shoes on the ground with one pair of sandals.

That was pretty much it as far as what I had packed to come over with me.

I looked around the closet and saw a sliding door. I went to it and opened it. And what welcomed me? A whole set of Kamehameha Academy uniforms. Great.

Several white, navy, and royal blue polo shirts with the emblem sewn onto them, navy blue and khaki shorts and pants, two navy blue skirts and two royal blue dresses with white lehua print on it. There were two black belts hanging on a hanger and a pair of black athletic shoes on the bottom. There was also a pile of PE uniforms.

Oh God. Kamehameha Academy must be a strict place if they did all of this. I am sooo looking forward to school next week. NOT!

Next to the uniforms, I noticed an armoire. I opened it and found paint supplies. Brushes, paints, rollers, and canvases. And there was also a note.