Ethan & Billie- Meant To Be

Magsimula sa umpisa

Billie is one of a kind. A rare gem indeed.

I continued to stare at her, feasting my eyes on the beauty that is being laid upon my view when I suddenly saw a repeat of that deep sigh that she did a while ago. This time I didn't think twice anymore and just did what I have been planning to do in coming here all along. To comfort her.

"Don't mind them." I said as I kept leaning on the wall near the entrance of that small room.

Startled, she turned her eyes on me.

"Oh sir Ethan!" She exclaimed in surprise. A breathtaking smile formed her lips as soon as she realized my presence.

Darn it but I swear my heart rate just doubled at that little stint of hers.

Billie you're seriously driving me crazy by each passing moment!

"Sino? Si Grace o yung mga kaibigan mo?" She added, still with a smile. But this time it didn't really reached her eyes anymore.

Just like what I've thought. She's really upset by what happened. Because of that, guilt automatically creeped within me even though I have no actual reason to feel it in the first place.

"All of them. Don't think about anything. Sasakit lang ang ulo mo." I replied with a small smile too. Still not taking my eyes off her even for a second.

Then I moved and sat beside her on that small couch. There's only a bit of a space in between the two of us, that our shoulders are almost touching now. Suddenly I felt an overwhelming urge to take her in my arms and tell that everything's gonna be just fine. That I am here for her. Always.

But of course I can't do that. So I clenched both of my fists and hide them on my back in an attempt to control myself instead. The situation is too tempting but I had to overrule that.

Like I said I don't want to complicate things even more so I have to deal with my emotions with just.

"Hay naku sir kung pwede lang matagal ko ng ginawa yan. Hanggang ngayon kasi hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na ako? Gusto nila? AKO?" She passionately hissed while putting extra emphasis on the word AKO to be exact.

My brows furrowed as a reaction to that though. I honestly don't understand what she meant and so I asked. "Why is it so hard to believe?"

"Sir ako lang 'to!" She vehemently stated.

I smiled. Billie doesn't see herself clearly. Now I see.

"Hmnn yun nga. Ikaw yan." I told her knowingly this time. "Is that not enough of a reason why lahat nagkakagusto sa'yo?"

"Lahat? Pati ikaw?" Ok that came from nowhere. Her answering my question with another question out of nowhere.

Certainly that took me off guard but I held myself and stayed composed still. I couldn't afford to break my mask in front of her, especially not right now.

"Silang tatlo." I lied smoothly as a response instead.

I saw her expression lit up as a knowing grin graced her face when she heared the words that I just said. Like as if confirming to herself her own epiphany that I don't have feelings for her at all.

If only you knew Billie. If only. I thought miserably.

I immediately removed that web in my thoughts and decided to just steer the conversation to a different direction.

"Alam mo the first time I met you I knew you were different."

"Talaga sir?"

"Oo!" Ok I said that a bit too passionately than necessary. "Ikaw ang unang babaeng hindi nagpadala sa mga charms namin." I then quickly followed nonchalantly to cover that previous slip.