Sniper: First For Everything

Start from the beginning

"Well, that's your seat, and here's mine." Sniper said as he lowers you slowly down to your chair on the right. The seats were unusually tall. They were like those tall stools you usually see in bars.

In front of each seat was a sniper rifle propped up with stands on a table in front of the windowsill. Yours was a little small in comparison to Sniper's. It didn't matter to you as long as it works. Speaking of working, you had never actually worked with a rifle before. And that idea kept going through your head ever since Soldier assigned this to you. You were going to make a fool of yourself today. Huzzah. You wouldn't want to risk safety and security for your pride so you took a deep breath and said one, shaky:

"Sniper?"

"Hm?" He looked at you from his chair.

"Uh, I've never actually fired a rifle before."

There was silence for a moment. You didn't have the nerve to even look at him anymore. All you did was bite your lower lip and shut your eyes. Soon enough, you heard him chuckle.

"Like I said, ________," you heard him say. "There's always a first for everything."

Your eyes shot open as you felt two hands take yours and place it on the rifle. "Now, this ain't 'The Machina' or anything but it still packs one hell of a recoil." He whispers in your ear. His hands felt warm against your cold ones. His breath although warm as well, managed to give you a chill down your spine. "This is how you hold 'im." His hands guided yours on the correct handling position and you felt his chest press against your back, making your blood rush through your head.

"Don't forget to look through the scope, now." He says. You could swear he said that almost... Seductively. Or maybe you were just thinking that. But whatever you thought, it made your heart skip a beat. You did as he told and soon, everything was now magnified. "Don't put your finger on the trigger unless you've got a target."

"S-Sorry." You said, embarrassment rushing through you even more than before.

"See that soda can on the fence there?" Sniper suddenly suggested. "I want you to shoot it."

"But it's so small!"

"Unless you wanna go back down and knock it over instead?"

He was right. You didn't want to go all that trouble again. You set your sights back on the scope and tried to focus the crosshair on the target which was the itty bitty soda can of BONK! Oh, what has soda ever done to deserve this anyway? You took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, your hand steadying and the crosshair swayed slowly. Sniper lowered his hands to your forearms, firmly gripping them for the recoil.

It took you a second to fully pull the trigger back and in a loud flash, your back quickly slammed against Sniper's chest for the recoil. After some moments, your felt your hands and arms aching from the unexpected strength. "Not bad for a first time sheila."

He lets go of you and stands up. You were about to protest about him being sexist but curiosity got the best of you and you found yourself looking at the scope again to where your target was. Well, the can was still there, so was a hole in the fence a few inches below it. You knew it would be harder to hit a moving target. At least now you had newfound respect for Sniper. His job isn't a walk in the park as well.

"Now, you want some coffee?"

"No thanks, Sniper." You replied, taking a deep breath to compose yourself, a bit disappointed from your shot.

Sniper shrugged his shoulders and walks to a corner to get his thermos from his backpack. He was having trouble looking for it though. You sighed and looked at his rifle. You wanted to know if there was any difference at all between his and your gun. You soon found yourself sitting in his chair, holding his rifle the same way he taught you. You looked through the scope and you were surprised to realize that his scope was directly looking at your room with the open window.