Chapter 20: The Unstoppable Force & the Immovable Wall

Start from the beginning

            “You are not going to listen to me are you?” Draco asked suddenly as his face took on a strange look.

            “NO,” Hermione replied defiantly.

            “And I’m not willing to accept your grave misunderstandings,” Draco continued.

            “I guess that’s just too bad, then,” replied Hermione, now itching to escape to her room.

            “Do you know what happens when an unstoppable force meets an unmovable wall?” Draco asked, slowly walking towards her.

            “Why do I get this feeling that you are the force and I’m the wall?” Hermione asked eager to find something else to argue about. “Why can’t I be the force? How come you get to be the force? I think--,”

            She was cut off as Draco took one final step, leaving two inches separating the two. It would be an understatement to say that Hermione looked like a deer in headlights.

            Just as Draco was about to speak, a trapping noise issued from the window.

            “Oh look, it’s an owl,” Hermione replied ducking swiftly away from Draco and towards the window.

            “Now, we shall never know the mystery of the immovable wall and the unstoppable force,” Draco muttered under his breath before audibly asking, “Who is it for?”

            “There is one addressed to each one of us,” Hermione replied, handing Draco the one addressed Mr. Malfoy, while making sure their hand did not touch.

            Draco opened the envelope to find an expensive looking crème colored paper with fancy black writing.

            Mr. Viktor Krum cordially invites you to join him in the celebration of his 27th birthday.

            When Draco looked up to ask Hermione if she was attending, he realized that he was alone. He gave her closed door one long last glance before walking to his own room.

________________________________________

            An hour later, an envelope slid under Hermione’s door. Hermione, who had been reading, got up to see what it was. Seeing it wasn’t addressed to anyone, she opened it.

Dear Immovable Wall,

            Don’t tear/ throw away/ burn/ destroy this until you have finished reading it. Though I know that you want to. A lot. I feel like an idiot writing this letter, but I couldn’t think of another way to make you listen to what I have to say. So here goes nothing.

            I didn’t do what ever it is that you accused me of doing. I, honestly, don’t even know what you are accusing me of. So far from what I have pieced together from what you have yelled/spat at me for the past two days, you are accusing me of sending you a rose and a letter. Correct me if I’m wrong, even though I’m basically always right.

            I find these offenses quite absurd. Unless you have been sniffing floo powder, that is. Because that would explain everything.

            I sent you much more than one rose. Unless the florist ripped me off, and didn’t send them to you…In which case,”MY FATHER WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!” So I don’t understand why it is so special. Do you have something against roses? If you don’t like them, you could’ve just said so, there is no need for yelling.

            And, personally, I don’t see anything wrong with sending a note that explains why I sent you so many flowers.

            I don’t see what I did wrong, so I refuse to apologize. Here I was, minding my own business, when Astoria randomly shows up and kisses me. Then you show up, storm out, and then yell at me. If anyone should be angry, it should be me.

Unapologetically,       

The Unstoppable Force         

P. S. I get to be the unstoppable force because I’m just amazing like that.

P. P. S. Will you go to Viktor Krum’s party with me?

            After reading the letter twice, Hermione’s mind started reeling. She immediately went to look for Draco, and found him waiting expectantly in the armchair by the fire.

            “I assume you read it?” asked Draco.

            “Yes.”

            “I presume you have questions, concerns, and comments?”

            “Did you really not send me the letter asking me to come visit you?”

            “No. And before you even ask, I didn’t kiss Astoria willingly.”

            “It was all planned out! It was her revenge!” exclaimed Hermione as understanding filled her eyes. “She sent me the letter and the rose to get me to come. And the second I see you, she throws herself at you, so that we break up!”

            “Finally! I’ve trying to tell you that I was innocent since yesterday!”

            “Well, you obviously didn’t try hard enough,” Hermione replied with a smile.

            “So, do I get an apology?” Draco asked, his trademark smirk on his face.

            “Uh, yeah. In your dreams,” Hermione replied as she began walking to her room. Just before she closed the door she turned out and called out, “Yes, I’ll go to the party with you,” causing a smile to materialize on Draco’s face.

**********************************************

I know the spacing is messed up, I shall fix it some other day when I'm not sooo lazy...if such a day ever comes...