Chapter 1 (Rewritten)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I walk into the building. The first thing I notice is all the amateurs and unprofessionals. They don't even acknowledge my presence as I walk by, and they are on their phones, and not preparing for the actually. Then I notice a few familiar faces. A few actors and actresses I have worked with before, they wave but go about their business. I walk up to my manager.

"Jerry!" I greet the chubby man..

"Ahh! Carlee, ready for you audition?" He questions.

"You know it!" I reply cheerfully. I take the script I will be reading from for the audition.

"You will be auditioning in room 653. Your characters lines are already highlighted, you will have around thirty to forty-five minutes." He gives me a smile and I walk off. He has other actors he needs to tend to. I sit on an empty chair, looking over my script. It's about this girl who is begging her ex-boyfriend to take her back, but he doesn't want to.

The time is up and Jerry comes and gets me. He leads me to room 653. There is a table with two people. They are talking to each other. The man notices me and they focus their attention on me..

"Hi, I am Carson Allen. I am the director of Hard Love. Your manager is Jerry Strait right?" The guy says. I nod my head.

"I'm Trudy Garner. I wrote and am producing the movie. Oh by the way you will be doing the script with the actor who is playing Charlie in the movie. We didn't need an audition for him, we just chose him." The woman says. I look around the room, searching for this person.

"Yes, we want to see how you and the actor are together. The actor is remaing unnamed until we know who is going to be playing Quinn." Carson says, noticing my search.

"Yes, the actor is in a sound booth, he can hear us, and you can hear him but his voice will be changed so you won't be able to tell who it is." Trudy says.

"Hey." A voice rings around the room and it startles me. "I am going to be playing Charlie." He sounds gruff and angry, but that is probably just the voice modulator.

"Okay, well let's start from the point where your character, Katie, says 'Did you really expect me not to try?'. Okay, go." Carson says. I take a deep breath.

"Did you really expect me not to try? Honestly, Tyler, did you really expect me to just be okay with you breaking up with me?" I ask, mustering up my most tearful voice.

"I thought you knew that I don't care anymore? I broke up with you for a reason." He says bluntly.

"B-but I-I love you. We were together for two years! I thought you loved me too." I whisper the last part for dramatic effect, not quiet enough for them not to hear, but not too loud.

"You know, I did, I really did. But I met someone else. She is so much better than you." He reads off the script, saying the line with happiness. I gasp.

"Tyler please, no we can fix this. I love you p-please." I start crying, real actual tears.

"No, leave. Our love, or what ever you want to call it is done." He replies. Carson waves a hand to notify me to stop. That scares me.

"Okay, that is all we need. We will get back to you." Carson says, Trudy nods.

"Yes, thank you, have a nice day."She adds. I wave and exit the room. Why did we stop so soon? Did I do something wrong? I wipe the tears off my face and replace them with a smile that is just as fake. I can't let the other people know how upset I am. Even though the red rimmed eyes and splotchy face doesn't help. I walk out, waving to Jerry before I leave. As I sit in my car I get a text.