Late Night Detention

Start from the beginning

She seemed to ponder over the thought, "that makes amazing sense, how did you think of that?"

I shrugged, "some things just come to me. I'm naturally brilliant, I can't help it."

She seemed to be thinking this over as well, before nodding in agreement. "You do think up some great things. That was a great start of term speech."

"Thanks." I sort of smiled at her. "I was just winging it. But even I have to admit, it was awesome."

She nodded along, "so why are you so mad at Sirius. What did he do at the party?" She asked suddenly, out of nowhere.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "and how did you know that I was mad at Black?"

She frowned, "I was with them before we went to Hogsmeade, I was there when you yelled at him and when you slapped him."

I looked at her in confusion. "You were?"

"Yes, I was standing next to Sirius." She told me, frowning deeper.

"Really? I don't remember you being there." I frowned slightly, looking at her strangely. "Why would I tell you anyways?"

"Well I did sort of confess to you. I mean, I didn't know you were there or anything, but I did confess everything to you." She shrugged, "do you like him? Is that why you're mad that he had girls with him at the party?"

I scoffed, "I don't like Black, not in the slightest. Maybe you should tell me about the guy you fancy first, then I might tell you about my problem with Black." I pursed my lips, "is Black the guy you were just talking about?"

She began to laugh, I watched her strangely, she bent over slightly, clutching her stomach. When she rightened herself, she had to wipe tears from her face. "Oh heavens no, never would I ever like him. He's more of a brotherly type of friend. I have no interest in him whatsoever." She continued on, feeling as if she had to notify me in countless sorts of ways that she and Sirius were not together.

"Alright," I commented, giving her a weird look, "I get it. You don't have to keep going on."

She smiled a little, "no, I like someone else."

"Is it some Ravenclaw dweeb? I bet you go for the ridiculously smart and strange kids." I guessed, looking her over uninterestedly. For the first time I actually noted her appearance. She was wearing her pajamas.

She blushed slightly, "it's Remus." She spoke quietly, but I heard her easily.

It was my turn to laugh, "Remus? So I was right. You go for the ridiculously smart and strange kids," I smirked. "I mean, I love Remus to death. He's a great guy, but let's face it, he's a nerd and there is definitely something strange about him."

She frowned her eyebrows, looking sideways at me.

I continued, "I haven't figured out what it is yet, but I'll find out. I mean, come on, I can't be the only one to see it. The kid tries his best to pass under the radar, there has got to be some big secret he's hiding. We all have secrets, some of us are just better at hiding them. And Remus, he's a pro at hiding his."

She opened her mouth to speak but we were interrupted, "what are you doing out of bed? It is past curfew." Minnie walked up to us, her hands on her hips, glaring.

"Miss. Thirwall, I expected more from you. You are a star pupil. Miss. Dumbledore, what can I say about you? I wouldn't be surprised if I turned the corner you just rounded and saw graffiti."

I shrugged, "nothing much Minnie. I decided to go on a walk. And I didn't do any graffiti on my walk." I smirked slightly, "great idea though. I'll be sure to do that sometime soon."