Chapter 1: The Start of Something New

Tyler received an unexpected letter from his ex girlfriend, Y/N L/N, who is now also a singer from a famous band, Dark Knights.

Y/N=Your Name, L/N=(Your) Last Name, POV=Point Of View

~*~

Letter 1: December 21, 201X

TYLER JOSEPH'S POV

I heard the doorbell ring and I hurriedly shuffle to the front door.

"Who could this be," I mutter under my breath.

I opened the door and it revealed a guy in his late 30's. He wore a light-blue button up shirt and had a tattered messenger bag hanging loosely on his shoulder. He had a tired look on his face and his hand held a few letters.

I slightly questioned his lack of clothing considering it was only about nine degrees outside.

"Are you..."

He stopped for a moment and re-read the writing on one of the letter he was holding.

"Tyler Joseph?" he continued.

"Yes," I answered.

He then proceeded to give me the letter.

"Mail," he said.

I accepted the letter, unsure at first. I thanked him and he was off.

I went back in the apartment, closing the door quietly and went in the living room.

"Who was at the door?" my fiancé, Jenna, asked.

It had been a tradition for her to stay at my apartment for Christmas. It was fun to have someone and not be alone for once.

"No one important, just the mailman," I answered.

She noticed the letter in my hand, and pointed at it.

"Who's that from?"

I scanned the letter. I read the somewhat familiar handwriting.

'Y/N L/N', it read.

My heard skipped a beat.

"Um, it's from my uh..." I trailed off.

I quickly thought of a name.

"It's from Michael, my old friend from high school," I lied.

She raised an eyebrow, unconvinced of my answer. I crossed my fingers behind my back praying to god she won't ask any further.

"Okay..." she said, dragging the "ay".

She lightly kissed my cheek and proceeded to go to the kitchen.

I sighed and sat down on the couch and opened the letter. I pulled out the paper inside and rest my back on the couch, already feeling light-headed. I started to read the letter, memories started to flood back to my brain.

Dear Tyler Joseph,

Hey. We haven't talked in quite some time. I heard you're in a long-distance relationship... again. That's stupid. Wasn't that the reason why your last relationship ended? Long-distance? Didn't you say that the distance was suffocating you?

You know, that really got me thinking. Was it really the distance or was it because you're tired of me? What does she have that I don't? Was I not good enough? Was I too clingy?

It was certainly surprising when someone told me that you proposed to her. I've always thought you were the kind of person that would rather be free than to be tied down by marriage. Since whenever I ask you about it, you just shrug.

I guess I wish I knew that the girl you wanted to marry and the girl you envisioned to be the one you're going to spend the rest of your life with just wasn't me. Then, I would've got out of your way instead of sacrificing everything I had for our relationship, counting on something that would never happen.

I know that our relationship wasn't the best, but at that time. It felt right. It felt... good. I felt like life, for once, had a purpose.

When I first saw you, my heart skipped a beat. My breath was taken away and I couldn't breathe. I was taken aback. I was like, "how could someone be so pretty,"

My lips pulled to a smile and I reluctantly let the memories seep in. Reliving every single one of them.

~*~

YOUR POV

As I was sitting down on a bench, I eyed everyone that passed me. I have learned that for me to get through this school year, I would need to make friends, but the end of the school day is nearing and I haven't made any. I haven't even made at least one conversation today!

"Damn you social anxiety," I muttered under my breath.

I continued to eye the students. No one seems to notice. I searched for the kindest looking one to make friends with. As I search through the sea of people one student caught my eye.

I felt like I knew him from somewhere else. I scanned his features and looked at him up and down. He had hazel eyes, chocolate brown hair, and a gorgeous smile.

I realize that it was that boy that lived a couple of houses away from me. I silently praised the Lord for having me move in that neighborhood.

"Damn, how could someone be that gorgeous," I whispered.

I stared at you in awe. I was completely frozen still. Then, you looked back at me and I felt my heart do flips.

I stared at him in complete awe. I was completely frozen still. He then looked back at me, but I didn't notice. My mouth started to turn to the shape of an "o" as I take in all his features. He smiled at me and I quickly closed my mouth. I started to feel my cheeks heat up so I looked away. I look back at him for a second and he chuckled. My cheeks were probably as red as a tomato.

You know, if you didn't come up to me that day. I would've had no friends and probably be completely lonely. I was completely surprised, too, when you introduce yourself to me. I didn't expect it because who would be friends with me? And I probably looked like a pervert to you since I eyed you up and down like a dumb ass.

I played with the hem of my shirt and bite my lip.

"Nice going, Y/N, now you'll never make any friends," I said to myself.

"Hey,"

I jumped a little bit at the voice. It sounded soft and alluring. I looked up and saw it was the boy that I made eye contact a while ago.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," he said with concern in his eyes.

"Um, uh, i-it's okay," I stuttered out.

"My name's Tyler," he said.

He smiled at me and pulled up his hand for me to shake.

"Y/N," I said, shaking his hand.

And that was the start of our love story.

~*~