Chapter 5- Everything Is Changing

Depuis le début

"No he's never that physical, he would yell and twist my wrist sometime as if I was a small child." I said walking over to my bed.

I climbed into bed and sat looking at Cade as he walked in. "But he has a bad temper so I understand." I said and his jaw clenches. He walks over to me and holds my cheeks in his hands.

"Listen to me carefully." He says leaning in and looking into my eyes. His mouth smells like cigarette and mint and I realize that he failed in attempting to cover his cigarette breath.

"Men that abuse women should not be understood. You should not make excuses for them, they are the worst type of humans in the world." He says and his eyes pierce mine as if he was trying to pull me to my senses.

"How could they stand to abuse a woman when they were created in one?" He says removing his hands, taking a few steps back and running his hand through his hair.

"My mother died because of domestic abuse. I remember it being the worst day of my life... Walking home from school, going into the house and looking at my mother's dead body on the floor. Do you know how hard it was to be eight years old and understanding that you're mother just died and she was never coming back?"

He puts his hands on his waist and then he walks over to his side of the room. He puts his shirt on, then he puts on his shoes.

"I'm sorry about that." I said sitting on my bed looking at him and sounding as caring as I could. Was this the reason that he was like this?

"I don't want to see that happening to you. Take my mother's story, stand up for yourself because I may not always be around." He says and then he exits the room with his leather jacket in his hand.

He seemed like he didn't open up to people, only Abby. I did some research on him before class today and nobody seems to know a thing.

All they could say was that he's the badboy on campus and he gets all the girls. If he was really all those stuff wouldn't everyone know about him? Even me?

****

I'm awoken by the sound of a fiddling lock, I look over at my alarm clock and its 12:15am. The door opens then slams. I watch Cade's silhouette stagger across the room.

He trips over something and goes straight on the ground, "oh fuck." He breaths. He staggers to his feet and as he gets to his bed he drops on it. He doesn't even bother removing his shoes or his jacket.

He was drunk. I turned around pulling my covers and went back into slumber.

****

I lay in bed scrolling through Instagram and then I hear Cade shuffling in his bed. I look over at him and his eyes open. Hazel eyes surrounded by red look back at me. He was either extremely tired or having red eyes almost like the color of blood was a symptom of being hungover.

That's in my honest opinion of course. I've never been hungover so I'd never know what it feels like.

"Do you enjoy watching people sleep? That's real creepy Lynn" He says closing his eyes. Did he just call me Lynn? "I just looked over at you and it just so happens that your eyes opened the same time." I said putting my phone down and sitting up.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking at him and his eyes spring open. "Why do you care?" He asks then he turns around.

"We aren't friends so you don't need to talk to me." He stated with his back turned to me.

"You don't have to be friends with someone for them to care." I said leaning back into my bed and going back on Instagram.

"What I told you last night was to just open your eyes. It doesn't mean we are buddies." He said reaching for a bottled water on his bedside table.

I roll my eyes at his words and then I see him getting out of bed but he's doing it really fast.

He opens the bathroom door charging in then he slams it shut. I hear gagging sounds and I know he's throwing up.

That's what you get for being mean. He is like this for about three minutes. I get up to go to the door to check on him. Who throws up for three minutes? He must be throwing up stomach acids by now.

I knock on the door, "Cade are you okay?" I asked leaning on the door to listen to his response.

"I'm fine." He says but the sounds coming from the other side of the door proves otherwise.

"Cade its okay to get help from others."

"I said I'm fine now fuck off!" He growls.

His words were sharp and they cut deep. Why did that even hurt so much?

I walk back over to my bed and he continues to throw up. Asshole.