Chapter 4: Acquaintance of Laura

Alyssa woke up and sighed softly to herself. It was 5:28 am on a Monday morning, how boring. She was normally a bit of an early bird but yesterday she slept in with Michelle. The thoughts of yesterday and Saturday flooded her mind as she laid on her bed. Her bed wasn't too big and it had some old blue and faded sheets on it. Alyssa stared up at the ceiling as her mind wandered around about the weekend. It was finally 5:45 when she snapped out of it and sat up. 

She ran her hand through her hair as she grabbed her phone to check it. 2 notifications. A text from Michelle saying good morning, and a reply. On Facebook? Alyssa had been so upset she forgot she even posted on Facebook.

'Well there is at least one girl at our school who likes girls ;)' Alyssa read the reply a bit confused. Laura Carmend? Who was that? Alyssa started going through her profile. She did go to the same school as her but she didn't really look familiar. She was a very slim and tall girl with blonde hair going to her shoulders. She had bright blueish eyes and and a pale complexion. She was pretty and didn't seem too much like the kind of girl to like girls. 

'Oh really? Who might that be?' Alyssa replied and then sent Michelle a good morning text. She yawned, closed her phone, and pulled herself out of bed. She went into the bathroom and took a pretty quick and warm shower. School didn't start until 7:30 but she had to leave at 6:50 since she walked each day. Once she was done in the shower it was 6:12. 

Alyssa groaned softly as she brushed her short hair and let it air dry. She threw on black jeans and a blue/green flannel. She sat back on her bed and checked her phone. She had a PM on Facebook.

'I thought I made it obvious it was me lol! Im Laura, we go to the same school, I think you're in my Art class. You're very pretty.' Laura had sent her a message. Alyssa couldn't help but feel herself blush. Maybe this is what she needed. Maybe she could get over Michelle by someone else, who knows maybe she only liked Michelle since she didn't know anyone else.
'Well I had to make sure. I can't remember if Iven seen you before but trust me you're way prettier!' Alyssa replied. They messaged back and forth then decided to meet up at school. It was 6:30 and Alyssa's hair was pretty dry.

She slipped on her socks and shoes, grabbed her bag and headed out. She was of course nervous since she didn't know anyone at school did like girls but hey, take a chance right? it normally took her 30 minutes to get to school. 

By the time she got there it was 7. She sat on one of the hallway benches near the font entrance and sighed softly to herself.

"Alyssa!" she heard a soft but loud voice call and she turned her head to see Laura. Alyssa stood up and waved a bit at her. As she got closer she realized Laura was almost 6 feet tall.
"Morning. How do you get to school?" she asked looking up at her. Alyssa knew she was average height but near Laura she felt very small.
"Oh I drive myself. I'm like a 5 minute drive from here, so I can leave basically like whenever I want to," she giggled. Alyssa had never heard her talk before but she had a bit of a loud and obnoxious tone. However she didn't really mind it.
"Oh wow, I walked to school and it takes me like half an hour," Alyssa chuckled a bit.
"That sounds so boring though! I might have to start picking you up in the morning," Laura giggled. Alyssa smiled and nodded a bit. 

They sat on the small bench and started to talk a bit until it was finally time for them to head to their separate classes. 

They had 6 classes for the whole day and art was the 4th.