The Reverse Flash thought of one reason for them to die.

I can think of billions for why he should've killed me instead.

---

How much pain can a human withstand before the pain is numbed by itself? How much before the human only feels it's sinking in his chest every once so often?

How much before a collapse in the heart, and mind, forcing him to think that the world is better off without him?
We perceive what we see and know as the truth. What we see is the truth. It has to be, doesn't it?

It's so easy to give up, so many ways to give over and I can't seem to count them all.

My brain is empty of ideas, of ways to make myself useful. I don't see how, unless I use my powers to do some good. And if that's the only thing I'm good at, so be it.

I'm sitting silently in the car with Joe. We're heading to the said cross section, slowly. It just so happens, that one day we need to be quick, there's traffic.

"Barry tells me you're here to ask Grodd why Thawne killed your parents", Joe speaks, breaking the silence.

I nod, twiddling my thumbs around one another," That's one of the reasons why. But I'm almost sure that Grodd is just not going to know, or that he won't tell me."

Joe peers over at me," Why not?"

I cross my arms, and tuck my hair behind my ear," Thawne told me there was a reason. I think it had something to do with the future. But then Barry created Flashpoint, and then we're here, and I have a feeling that the future's changed."

Joe coughs into his hand, adjusting the gear, producing a click sound," The future's changed for the worse. I'm worried about all of you now."

I pat his shoulder," You don't need to. I mean, look at Barry, and now Wally! They're running around saving so many people. And then there's Iris, who just so happens to inherit your nature of wisdom."

I click my tongue. "You really have nothing to worry about."

"Sometimes you scare me Gabi, you're a lot like your mother than you give yourself credit for."

I smile. "It's a pity I barely know her."

---

"And there are no mental gorillas attacking the streets of Central City in the middle of the night because?"

Barry shifts from one leg to another,"I don't know. Should be any minute now."

Wally and Jesse sigh simultaneously.
"Are you absolutely sure Barry?", Asks Joe, adjusting his gun holster.

Barry nods," This is what I saw. I know it."
I look around, tugging at my short hair, and lifting my mask a little to swipe of the dew underneath.

"The Flash, you made it."

Barry spins around, his face dropping.

Joe, is speaking.
"Oh hell no", I whisper.

Wally's eyebrow creases," Is this Grodd?"
Joe shifts his head stiffly to Wally," What do you think?"

I gulp, looking at Barry.
"What do you want Grodd? I've given you what you want."

"Your city, of course. I want you to give over Flash. You and your accomplices are nothing against my army."