"Do not touch that. Unless you want to die. It's nightshade. Poisonous." he hissed, pulling me further into the center of the bed, away from the water. My mouth seemed to dry out even worse. 

Within minutes of Tier pacing, sword drawn, and the Guards standing at the foot of my bed, Thorin, Kili, Tauriel, Fili, Oin, Gloin, Nori, Dori, Bofur, Bombur, Ori, Bifur, Dwalin, and Balin were all inside as well, staring wide eyed as Tier explained. 

Oin walked forward, and my stomach sank as he confirmed it with a grimace.

"Aye. Nightshade." He looked to me. "Sorry you wake to this, lass. Someone isn't happy with you." 

I nodded. "I see that." I croaked out, my voice gone scratchy.

Oin began looking me over as the others argued loudly. Thorin silenced them all with a roar. 

"SILENCE!" He looked us all over. Even Oin stopped, fingers on my throat, feeling at my pulse. 

"Laurel will stay with one of us, at all times. No arguing further. Until the culprit is found, my future sister-in-law will not be unaccompanied. Neither will Tauriel or Tier." He said, voice booming into my now silent room. He met my gaze and raised an eyebrow.

I nodded, as if I had a choice. "You will return to our chambers." Dori said, rushing over, pulling me into a tight hug. "Ori's missed your company anyway. I don't care how long this takes. You aren't moving out again until you're married." He said firmly. 

"That could work." Thorin said suddenly. 

"Me living at home?" I said in my new scratchy voice, which made my throat itch. I couldn't help it though. My voice didn't want to cooperate. 

"Marriage." He replied, looking at Dori. 

Dori frowned. "Why would you be marrying off my sister?" He asked protectively. 

Thorin looked to him with those icy eyes. "If she is married off, she will have the protection of another family as well. Ones who's strong alliance will make her untouchable, Dori. I am not one in favor of forcing a female to marry against her will, but this is a matter of her life. I am a bit beyond caring for comfort right now." 

"She does have her pick of the litter." Tauriel said, echoing a memory in my mind. We'd been on our way to dinner. A state meeting. It was gone as soon as it'd come, though, and I was left more confused than I had been at first.

Everyone looked at her. She looked back, tilting her head to the side. "It's true! Laurel has caught the eye of many powerful leaders. Even as far as Gondor and the Shirelands, she is known as The Equitable, The Intelligent, The Beautiful."

Tauriel shrugged. "She could very well marry into a strong line, tie the mountain to another advantageous kingdom, and bring with it protection for herself and the rest of the people." 

I was beginning to get mad. Did I have no say? Oin looked into my mouth at my throat. Then he 'hmmfed'.

 "No more speaking, lass. I don't like how that voice sounds." he eventually said. 

Tier shook his head. "You're only angering her." he said bluntly. "She will not be happy, nor will her partner in any union she's forced into. There will be no children. Nothing to keep them tied. You all don't know just how stubborn she can be." 

Balin snorted. "You've forgotten I've seen her in a political meeting." he countered. "She goes for the jugular, lad. You have an attack warg sitting before you when you meet with her on the subject of our people being cheated. In anything. Even among ourselves." the older dwarf looked to them all. "She sits pretty, well groomed, and collared, yes. But a warg none the less, baring her fangs to all who dare to come close to being less than decent." 

I snorted. Oin pointed at me. I silenced myself.

Balin and the others ignored me. "I am against forcing her into a marriage, Thorin. She does not do well within the walls of confinement." That was all he said before he fell silent himself, looking over to me. I nodded my thanks to which he inclined his head.

Thorin nodded. "Fine, then she will not be forced into A marriage." I didn't like the way he stressed 'a' . He continued on. "She will have her choice of suitors. One way or another, she will be protected. I shan't lose my sister before I've had the chance to gain her. Nor will I deprive my beloved of his kin." He looked to Tier. "Any you think are worthy of her are to be brought to the mountain within a fortnight. We will make it known we are looking into the attacks, but that it will not stop us from moving forward with life. Any caught suspicious are to be interrogated thoroughly, and only released once we've questioned them. This is treason, after all." 

"How?" Bofur asked. "Neither female is married into the Royal house. It's merely an attack on noble women. Harsh punishment is needed for attacking our family, yes, but that is how the public will see it." 

"He was going after Tauriel." Kili said. "A future wife of a Prince. That is enough." 

"Not to mention our future aunt." Fili said, nodding to me. "Who took the axe and fall for my future sister-in-law. That's two attacks in one, on soon-to-be-royal females."  

I didn't hear the rest. I'd passed back out from the exhaustion of sitting up and being confused.

SORRY ITS SO SHORT. I WROTE THIS IN A HURRY, AND DO NOT WORRY. LAUREL IS GOING TO BE CONFUSED. IT WILL LEAD INTO MORE EXPLANATION AND DETAIL IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. I PROMISE. THANKS FOR READING 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 22, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

We Crashed Into A Journeyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें