PROLOGUE

[ EDITED ]

[THE LIES]

[THE LIES]

THE LIES, THE LIES YOU TELL ME OH SO WONDERFULLY
NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED A THING BUT HERE I AM,
SEEING ALL YOUR LIES SLOWLY RIP OUT OF YOUR BODY,
AND NOW I KNOW IT WAS ALL FUN AND GAMES.

THE HARSH WIND blew its way onto her petite face as the fourteen-year-old walked towards The Black Lake. The girl was hand-in-hand with a gorgeous Hufflepuff redhead, mostly known for her such kindness. The two girls have been best friends even before they made their way to Hogwarts, their friendship longer than most people in the magical school.

The girls settled down in the freshly cut grass, their robes slightly wet from the grass. The girls were enjoying themselves in their mix of laughters and joyful chats. What the brunette didn't notice were the lingering stares of a certain Slytherin to the girl beside her, her long majestic hair dancing with the wind. Though, it seemed, her best friend did notice his stares, her mind filled with confusion but stomach filled with butterflies.

"Aggie? Hello? Are you even listening?" The brunette was waving her hands frantically in front of the girl beside her. Finally, her best friend snapped out of her daze, looking at the brunette before her, who was looking at her with a questioning look. The redhead composed herself, looking at her best friend with a wide smile etched on her face.

And with that, the day went on.

THE NEXT DAY was an unusual day for the girl. First, she hasn't seen her best friend and second, she didn't see her former bully, Zarius, either. The girl sighed as she settled down her books on the table, already frustrated with their multiple assignments. However, her mood changed to a jolly one once she saw her best friend at the library, talking positively about something to a fellow student. She set aside her things and stood up, walking towards the redhead. Tapping her shoulder, her best friend turning around, the redhead's face turned into an alarmed one but quickly covered it with a smile. The brunette frowned but recovered nonetheless.

"So, sneaky missy, where've you been? I haven't seen you the whole day!" The brunette whispered harshly to the girl in front of her, making the redhead's face turn to shame.

"I-I was kinda sick this morning, so I stayed in." The girl replied, though the brunette noticed her face turn red, making it pretty obvious she was lying, she dismissed it quickly.

"Well, anyways, the ball is in a few weeks, have you got an idea what to wear?" The redhead said in a dreamy voice, her face too. Meanwhile, her best friend shrugged, not really caring.