Chapter 2

*Ione*

"COME ON! PUSH IT! GLORY AND FAME ISN'T GIVEN, IT'S EARNED!" our dad yelled. We were currently doing our morning workouts during the beautiful month of July. It's been 3 months since we moved to Chino Hills. We haven't gone to the local high school because our parents had home schooled us for the remainder of the year. Since school ended, our dad has been pushing us non stop because we all want Hunter and I to make varsity and for Ari to have a successful freshman year at UCLA. We were just finishing up our last sweet sixteen in our indoor court at home, when our mom told us that it was noon. We had been doing this for 5 hours. We started with running, then ball handling, then some 3 on 3 motion, 2 on 2, 1 on 1, position moves (attack moves or post ups), more skills stuff, shooting, and finally more running. We finished running and looked to see our dad appaudding. "Great work ladies. Mom should have some lunch for you in the kitchen. Go eat." We ran t the kitchen and sat down and started eating. "So, you nervous about college?" Hunter asked. "No not really. I mean I'm studying to be a teacher so I have a fall back. Hopefully my basketball career is successful, and I hope to finally get a new boyfriend." We all rolled our eyes. We were forced to break up with our boyfriends because of us moving. I went to take a bite of my food and wasn't paying attention and got it on my face. We all started laughing. "Maybe this is why we've been single for so long," I giggled. "Speak for yourself, bitch. You know I got men for days!" Hunter said. "Yea 'cause....YOU A HOE!" Ari yelled. "Take that back!" Hunter yelled.
"Nah because you know it's true," Ari smirked. Hunter thought about it and said, "You right!" We all laughed and I said," Come on. Let's see if there's any pick up games going on all the park." We cleaned up, left a note for our parents, hopped into Ari's sleek white BMW, put in the aux, and left. We got there and saw 4 teenage boys there. The oldest was a mixed guy and was tall and had short hair, a big smile, greenish eyes, was wearing a UCLA basketball shirt, and looked like he could be in college. The next one was also mixed and was a little shorter; he was built like a football player,  wore a Chino Hills basketball shirt and had a nice smile with braces. The third was also mixed (maybe the 3 are brothers?), and had a curly afro with blonde on the top and the sides shaved; he wore a shirt that said "Big Baller Brand"( that happens to be one of our family's favorite brands)and, he was kinda skinny and had a mouth full of braces like his older brother. The last one with them was a dark skinned kid who was probably their friend. We walked up to them. "Hey! Do you need another team?" Hunter asked. They looked at us and smiled. "I don't know, little girl. We don't wanna hurt you," the 2nd guy said. "I don't know....we're pretty good," Ari said shaking her head. "Pretty good won't beat us," the oldest said. "Pretty sure we're better than you," I smirked. "I don't know, doll," the youngest said. I looked at him. "Did you just call me doll?" He smirked at me, knowing he is irritating me. I hate when people call me doll. I pointed toward their friend. " You keep score! First to 60 wins!" I grabbed the ball and threw it and the boy who called me doll. "Check it." He threw the ball back at me and with that, the game started. It only took a half hour. As the game progressed, we drew a crowd. Finally we came to the point were we were tied 57-57, my team had the ball. I did a move to shake my defender and drove which got him on his heels and I stepped back and shot a three....SPLASH! I drained it to win the boys looked at us and heard the crowd chanting "ANKLE BULLY!!!" The oldest looked at us. "Where did you learn to ball like that?" he asked. Ari laughed,"That's for us to know and you to find out." We turned to walk away. As we walked, the blonde one shouted,"What are your names?!" I turned and said,"Why do you care.....doll?" The middle one stood up," So we can see you again sometime." They smirked at us, obviously eyeing our sweaty bodies. Hunter strutted up to the middle boy, put her mouth close to his ear and said, "Honey, you'll be hearing a lot more about us...even if you don't know our name.." She pulled away and looked at the boys. "Know why?" they shrugged, "....because we're better than you." And with that, we turned and walked to Ari's car to go home.
********************************
I hope ya'll liked that. Sorry it was kinda short. That chapter was kind of an introduction between the Allen sisters and the Ball brothers and the relationship they have in the beginning. In the next chapter or in chapter 4, I will let them introduce themselves to each other.