Chapter 2~ Not What it Seems

With that, Crybaby ran out of the candy shop. She had heard enough. She ran and ran at her fastest pace until she ran out of breath. There, she stood in the middle of the sidewalk, panting, tired, but unable to move to get back home. Her legs were extremely tired, to the point where she could now barely move them. She knew she should've just ran the rest of the way to the house she was placed in, but she gave out at that exact spot on the sidewalk. Her lungs burned from what had just happened, as well as her heart. She needed to get back home somehow. However, she had no clue how. She forced herself together, to walk calmly the rest of the way home. As usual, she wasn't actually calm. In fact, she was the least calm she's been in a long time. She went up to her room and began bawling her eyes out. "What did I do? What did I do to deserve this?" She whispered to herself through tears. A decently young woman, around age 30 or so, knocked on the door. Crybaby pulled herself together, whipped away her tears, and answered the door. The woman looked friendly and comforting, despite the rest of this fantasy world being the dire opposite. Crybaby forced a smile at the woman. "Hello ma'am." She said sweetly. "Hello little one. I saw you crying so I wanted to give you something." The woman held a bag of assorted candies out to Crybaby. She handed it to her. "Thank you." Crybaby smiled. "Have a nice day." She closed the door, forgetting to lock it, and brought the candy to the dining room table. She poured a little bit out of the bag and ate it slowly. Not long after, she felt her eyes shutting. They shut slowly, and she went unconscious. The woman that had given her the candy then walked in the door. She picked Crybaby up, and pulled her out of the house.