Chapter 1

Readers p.o.v

I had finally had enough. The names, rumours, bullying, I couldn't take anymore. I ran home quickly, throwing a coat onto my body, and a rucksack full of small snacks and a flash light, then dashed out of my house, making my way to the woods that lived next to my town.

There were rumours about the forest and its inhabitants, and there were dumb rumours about me, so it seemed like the perfect place for me to go to. I walked to its edge, then walked in, getting lost and tangled within its leaves and branches.

For a forest with a bad reputation, it was very beautiful looking. The way the sunlight beamed through the loose branches and highlighted every detail of the dark trees. A few tiny insects crawled along the bark and also gleamed in the light.

I smiled slightly, but after a few moments it was like it had turned from day to night in a second. The forest looked dark, and there was no light. The trees, which once looked beautiful and angelic, looked dark and demonic. I took the flashlight from my bag and turned it on, walking around the woods, trying not to trip over anything or hurt myself.

Everywhere I turned looked the same, so I eventually just stopped and sat down at the bottom of a tree. Even though I was blanketed by my puffy coat, I was still shivering, my fingers going numb, so I closed my eyes, hoping that the comfort of sleep would keep me warm.

Splendormans p.o.v

I walked around my brother Slender's mansion and sighed as I was very bored. I walked to his office and knocked on his door.

"Slendy can I come in?" Before he could reply I walked in and smiled widely "Hello brother!" He didn't reply, and continued to write on his paper work that he had all over his desk. I went over to him and looked over his shoulder. "What are you writing?"

"Its just work Splendor, now please go away I'm very busy" I pouted slightly then took the paper he was writing on and started to read it.

"Victim blah blah blah" Slender growled and stood up, slamming his hands onto his desk

"Splendor I said get out and give me that back!" I shook my head and ran out of his office, with the paper still in my hand. I thought I had won the chase as he wasn't running after me, but I then looked in front to see him standing there. I bashed into him and he snatched the paper from my hands.

"Slender your so mean" He growled

"Splendor when are you going to stop being such a child?" I looked at him slightly

"I'm not a child"

"Then stop acting like one! Its annoying but its also pathetic Splendor!" I looked at him and my eyes watered up slightly, but he stormed off back to his office, and slammed his door shut.

I looked down and sighed, then walked out of his mansion, going into the woods. I knew, somewhere in my head, that Slender was right. I was pathetic, but I couldn't help it. I enjoyed being happy, I enjoyed making people smile, and I wasn't ashamed of that. I never wanted to be like Slender. I loved him, but I couldn't stand what he did to the poor humans.

I knew they could do bad things, and they weren't all nice, but a lot of them were, so I never understood why he didn't like them.

I walked through the woods quietly, and made my way to the lake that lived in the centre. I sat by its sparkly edge and sighed, a few tears falling down my face. I closed my eyes, my hands covering my face as I began to sob into them.

Readers p.o.v

As I was about to fall asleep, I heard small sobs from somewhere near by, so I stood up and followed the sounds. Being alone in the forest was scarier than I thought and it sounded like someone needed help.

I followed it, then saw someone sitting by the waters edge, crying. I got closer then noticed their dark suit was covered in rainbow dots, and they were very tall.

It seemed strange but I slowly walked over, gently placing my hand on their shoulder

"Hey, are you alright?" He looked at me, slightly surprised "Hey it's alright" I smiled and stroked his cheek gently and he calmed down. He then looked at me.

"What are you doing in these woods?"

"I could ask you the same question" he smiled slightly

"I live here" I looked at him slightly confused

"Oh, okay" I smiled then sneezed and shivered

"Oh you poor human, you must be freezing" I looked at him then he smiled "You should spend a night at mine, as thanks for cheering me up" I looked at him then nodded and smiled.

"Thank you so much" he nodded then stood up and towered over me, then held my hand and took me to his house.

((Thank you so much for reading I hope you enjoy the first chapter!))