Chapter Seventeen

Începe de la început

Of course, I knew Nick would never hurt me.

We drifted into the hallway just as Cherri was coming in through the doorway, throwing her arms around Danny and Devin, hugging them tightly before she moved onto Rick and Blake. I was rather surprised to see Rick go stiff when Cherri hugged him, pecking him on the cheek and adjusted his leather jacket.

"You get more and more handsome every time I see you, Rick!" Cherri grinned. Rick gave her one of his crooked grins.

"Uh, thanks."

"Oh, don't thank me, Ricky! What about you, Blake? How have you been, honey?" Cherri hugged Blake tightly, who hugged her back as if she were his mother and not his boyfriend's. It was interestined to see how different Blake and Rick reacted. You wouldn't even know they were related if they weren't so similiar in appearance.

Following right behind Cherri was her husband, Rhys Lurez. He was a European man that Cherri had met during one of her college classes. He was tall and muscular with a strong nose and clean cut black hair with dark, pine green eyes. He was wearing a casual button up plaid shirt with blue jeans, but he seemed so out of place. Uneasy, but forcing a smile as he watched Cherri get friendly with everyone, including me.

"There's my grandson," Cherri cheered with a grin, approaching me, but being cautious as I'm sure she missed the update, "How're you, Lucas? Your arm?"

"I'm fine, my arm's still kind of sore, but I don't need the sling anymore." I answered. She looked surprised at my answer, then smiled warmly, reaching out and hugging me. I let her, holding my breath for a second before I relaxed at the feeling of her small arms around me, her head resting on mine before she kissed my forehead.

"That's good. I'm glad you're doing better, sweetheart. You sure had everyone worried there! You and Oliver, I heard he got in a car accident too. Your parents must be just awful." She sighed dramatically.

"Hey, shut up, ma!" Danny protested.

"If I recall, we ended up in the hospital quite a few times too." Devin answered dryly. Cherri just grinned and ruffled their hair, making them groan as she snuggled on them.

"Your grandma is really, really friendly." Ethan told me after everyone had moved to the living room and we were alone in the foyer. I nodded slowly.

"Yea. She's been like that since I've known her." I replied. Ethan sighed wistfully, drumming his fingers on the banister of the staircase. We watched everyone mingling in the living room; Oliver and Nick finally having joined in the conversations.

"Don't you wanna go talk to your family?" Ethan asked, looking uncomfortable. I glanced up at him, then took his hand in mine.

"You're part of our family too. You can't get away that easily." I replied. Ethan stared at me for a long while, then smiled and peeked around the corner for a split second before he wrapped his arms around me, lifting me up off the floor to kiss me. I was caught off guard for a second before I melted in his arms.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him back.

I can't believe I'd grown this used to all of this. Not just talking and letting people touch me, but Ethan sneak attacking me with hugs and kisses. I had never felt so lavished with this kind of attention before. It was mindboggling.

And it was making my body achy. I really wanted to show Ethan how much I loved him. I wanted to let him go further every time we actually got some alone time in my room with the door shut, but before we could even get our clothes off, someone had to come and ruin it.

I seriously had to check if there were cameras in my room. I wouldn't doubt it.

"I love you, Lucas." Ethan breathed against my lips, staring up into my eyes as he still held me. I would think he'd get tired of carrying me all the time, but he seemed just fine with it. He always liked to pull me into his lap or into his arms so he could lift me up.