Chapter 19: A Rose is A Rose is A Rose

Start from the beginning

            “What are you trying to do?” asked Blaise, walking in the room after Hermione. “Turn your office into a botanical garden?”

            “No, not me. But your best mate sure is,” Hermione replied as she fingered the soft petals of a white rose. The entire room was filled with dozens of bouquets of different types and kinds of flowers. Hermione walked over to the biggest bouquet that was sitting on her desk and extracted the card from it.

I never asked you what kind of flowers you liked. So I asked the florist to send a bouquet of each kind.

--The Beautiful and Uber Talented Seeker

            Hermione shook her head with a smile on her face. She quickly scribbled a note.

            For future reference, it’s lilies.

--The Brightest Witch of the Decade

            After she finished the note and sent it, she directed her attention to her work with a smile still lingering on her face. 

________________________________________

Just as she was about to go home, quite a few hours later, a large owl came swishing in through her open window with a single red rose and a letter.

Dear Hermione,

                        It gets quite lonely in the Alps all by myself. How about you join me at eight-o-clock in the lobby? I’ll be waiting.

                                                                                                            Love,

                                                                                                                        Draco Malfoy

            Hermione looked quizzically at the note. It was printed on fancy stationary instead of Draco’s usual handwriting on regular paper. But what was even more puzzling was the way the letter was addressed. Draco’s usual letters usually always began with ‘Dear Insufferable Know-It-All’ or ‘Dear Beaver,’ never before did they start with ‘Dear Hermione.’ And never had he ever signed a letter with ‘Love Draco Malfoy.’

            “The loneliness must be getting to his head,” Hermione told herself as she disapparated home before heading to Switzerland.

 ________________________________________

            As the grandfather clock chimed eight, Hermione cast one last look at her reflection before apparating to Ritz Hotel in Switzerland.

            When she opened her eyes, she was awed by her surroundings. She was standing in front of a magnificent hotel, more like a castle, surrounded by snow. She entered the hotel and walked up to the lobby.

            “Can you please tell me if Draco Malfoy is in right now?” Hermione asked the clerk at the front desk.

            “He isn’t in right now, but if you want to wait for him in the l--. Oh, he just walked in,” replied the clerk.