"Hey, glad that you're okay, and you still have your job."

"Thanks Zac. Me too."

"Bye Amber."

"Bye."

He hung up, put his hat and shades on, and headed inside.

~*~*~*~

Everyone was on the way to Newark, New Jersey; the concert wasn't until the following day. Nick sat with Amber while she rested and slept on the way there because he wanted her to rest up before the next day. The others were right alongside or behind them.

Joe sat across from Amber and Nick, watches Amber sleeping, with her head on Nick's shoulder, then looked at Nick.

“Hey Nick?” he asked.

"Yeah," he said looking at Joe.

"You really like her don't you?"

"Of course."

"No, I mean, really really like her."

Nick smiled, "Yeah, I do."

Jesse smiled, "So, the boss finally turned softy."

"What are you talking about?"

"Come on? From day one, you treated her rudely. Now, you care and stopped being hard on her."

Nick smiled, "Well, I guess you're right. I mean, she's so much different than any of the others that I went through."

Jesse smiled, "Just don't hurt her feelings."

"I'm not going to."

Soon, they were about to land, so Nick woke Amber up; they all got ready to get off the plane, and to the hotel that they were staying at.

~*~*~*~

Amber was lying down on her bed in the hotel, reading a book. Nick wanted to make sure that she was rested enough for the concert the next night. She had played different card games by herself, took a nap, watched some TV, listened to some music, and now was reading her book. She was getting bored. No one bothered her, which she was kind of sad, because she didn't like to be alone. She wished that someone came to visit; especially her fived foot eight boss.

Soon, there was a knock on the door. She got up, and went to look out the peephole to see Nick. She unlocked the door, and saw him smile at her.

"Hey, I got us dinner."

"Great," she said as he walked in heading to the table as she shut the door and locked it.

"I ordered Chinese," he said as he pulled out stuff from a bag.

Amber moaned, which surprised Nick. “That sounds wonderful.”

“I take it that you like Chinese?” he asked with a smirk.

“I love it,” she said going toward him.

They sat down to eat at the table.

They talked a little bit about each other growing up and Nick was surprised that Amber had a lot in common with him. She was teased in school, got bullied around, name-calling, etc.

After many hours, it was getting late, and neither one wanted it to end. Nick and Amber were playing a card game on the table, when Amber noticed that Nick was studying his cards to long.

"Hey," Amber said, "are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine." He smiled as he studied his cards. "Um, could I ask you something?" he asked.