Chapter 18: Tears, Tiffany's & A Cauldron of Amortentia

Start from the beginning

            “Not much. But he did demonstrate his first burst of magic,” replied Draco. “By dousing me in orange juice.”

            “Who would’ve known that it takes about three pounds of sweets, double chocolate cake, and ice cream to make magical qualities emerge,” Hermione added glaring pointedly at Draco.

            “I think someone should inform Mr. Filch,” Harry quipped, causing everyone but Teddy to burst into laughter.

            After a few minutes of chatting (during which Teddy was still running around like crazy), the couple left with Teddy, leaving Hermione and Draco behind.

            “I’m going to take a shower,” declared Draco, heading towards the bathroom.

            “The extra towels are on the second shelf in the cupboard to the left,” called out Hermione, now starting to clean the mess Teddy had left behind.

            After fifteen minutes of rigorous cleaning, the mess was almost unidentifiable. Just as Hermione cleaned the last traces of orange juice from the carpet with a simple siphoning charm, her doorbell rang.

            “Maybe Teddy left something behind,” Hermione thought as she opened the door.

            As she opened the door, she took an involuntary step back in shock. Because standing in front of her was no other than Ron Weasley.

            “Um…Hey,” Ron stated breaking the awkward silence.

            “Hello,” Hermione faintly replied. “What are you doing here?”

            “’Mione, I just wanted to say that I am so--,”

            “Hermione, where are my extra clothes that I left here the other day?” Draco called out, from the next room, interrupting Ron.

            “They are in the cupboard in my room by the mirror,” Hermione replied before turning back to Ron.

            “Now, what were you saying?” she asked.

            “I wanted to say tha--,” this time Ron left off mid-sentence and a murderous glint shadowed his blue eyes, as he glared at a spot behind Hermione.

            “Hermione, I can’t find my—What are you doing here?” Draco growled when he saw Ron.

            “What are you doing here?” countered Ron.

            “I think that much should be obvious even to someone as dim witted as you, Weasel,” Draco sneered as Ron looked at his towel clad figure and Hermione blushed furiously.

            It would be an understatement to say that Ron looked absolutely murderous. But before either could do anything rash, Hermione intervened.

            “Draco, how about you go and get dressed while Ron and I talk?”

            Draco gave her a questioning look that asked if she was fine with it. When she faintly smiled in return, Draco walked up close to Ron and menacingly added, “If you hurt her in any way, you will regret it,” before walking away.

            “So, what--,” Hermione began.

            “What are you doing with him?” Ron blurted.

            “Excuse me?”

            “Why are you sleeping around with Malfoy?”