Chapter One - Welcome to Riverdale

-Your P.O.V.-

Riverdale was different from where I lived with my mom. An unsettling atmosphere surrounded it constantly, most likely as a result of the murder of Jason Blossom. I didn't know much about him, other than what I've heard from my brother, Archie.

I had only moved in with Archie and my father a couple days ago, and I just finished unpacking. Archie was going to show me around town today, so I could know where everything is, before school starts up again in two weeks.

"You ready?" Archie asked from the other side of my bedroom door.

"Yeah," I answered, opening my door.

"Let's go."

Archie took me to every place in town that I needed to know about, including the Twilight Drive-In and Riverdale High, the school I would be going to. Lastly, he took me to Pop's, where we ate lunch.

He told me about his friends, and who to steer clear of, including a list of boys. Also, he told me about wanting to go into music, and that he was going to tell Betty about it too.

There were things that Archie had to lower his voice to tell me too. For example, the South Side Serpents, Polly Cooper, and the murder of Jason Blossom.

The more I heard about the murder, the more interested in it I became. As my mom saw it as a reason for me not to move to Riverdale, I only found it more intriguing. It almost made me want to help solve the mystery of who did it, but I knew I shouldn't be snooping around, insensitively looking for details on who killed a boy I've never met.