Prologue

"Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will if they move forward now. Because success is heavy, and carried a responsibility with it. So it's much easier to just put it off, procrastinate and live on the 'someday I will' shit. This often results in last minute work, fear, and existentialism."
---
It was a windy spring day, in the usually hot suburb neighborhood. Nova was walking on the sidewalk, the trees were swaying due to the strong wind which occasionally meant that a leaf or two would snap off and fall on to the ground. It was rather peaceful today, no stress, no worries, just an early morning walk to school. Nova ran her fingers through her short brown hair, and adjusts the strings on her hoodie. "Damn these stupid uneven strings," Nova softly mumbles to herself and sighs in relief when she finally makes the strings even.

Nova kept walking, "7:25, okay so if I keep walking without stopping I'll get there on time" she smiled gently and started hearing footsteps behind her. "Oh no," she sighs and the footsteps get faster and louder when two figures get closer to her. You could hear the occasional "Wait up for me. I'm right behind you." Nova immediately stops, sighing once more at her two friends before noticing they were about to crash into her. "Oh shi-" Nova felt herself trip from moving out so fast.

She looked up to see two of her most beloved friends; Sam and Mack. Sam was tall with gorgeous brown hair and blue eyes. And Mack, with his brown hair that naturally made a quiff and his dark chocolate brown eyes. "Fuck you." Nova said with a slight smile, she really wanted to kill them for almost knocking her over, but they were her friends. Her only friends. "Oh we love you too," Mack let out a small laugh and smiled. "Well I'm ACTUALLY sorry" Sam says before checking the time. "7:30" Nova's eyes widened and her pace started speeding up, she could feel her heart beating faster as her nervousness bottled up inside. I'm going to be late those five words kept repeating in Nova's head.

"Look, I don't get what the rush is. You can just run" Mack shrugs obviously showing that he's done that before. Nova shot a glare at him and Mack stiffened, of course she can't run that fast. All she does is surf the internet and send memes to her friends, that and including her school work. Mack stiffened and he laughed "sorry about that I forgot that you're not athletic," Sam without hesitation, immediately punched Mack's arm. "OW!" He rubbed his arm, knowing it would eventually form a bruise sooner or later. "Don't bother her," Sam stated and Mack hesitated before nodding his head in a matter of agreement. If Nova didn't know Mack and Sam were siblings she would've probably thought they just had a really weird relationship.

The walk to school wasn't as calm as she would've wanted. There was an occasional "stop bothering me" ending with Nova glaring at them both. She wasn't in the greatest of moods at the moment. You could hear some birds still chirping but it was muffled by a sudden beep from a car, which you would expect from living in L.A. Nova had a hard time talking to her friends, mostly because of her extraordinary vocabulary. But she loved them to bits. She suddenly snapped out of her thoughts by a waving hand in front of her, "Nova! Hurry up or we'll leave you" it was Mack again and he chuckled softly.

They finally got to school, it wasn't so late but it wasn't early either. They would have about five minutes to get their things. Sam looked at Mack and Nova, pointing at the doors of their high school. "Ready to enter hell?" Sam laughed and Mack responded with a witty comment "Well I mean, it's easy. It's like riding a bike but the bike is on fire and you're on fire and everything is on fire."
"Shut up."