(2) Nicholas Imalogalu

Start from the beginning

"Imagine them gone." With his words I do so, they shoot into my mouth and suddenly feel non-existent.

I hurry to the mirror; you can't tell I'm a vampire now.

"How come my face didn't change like yours?" I ask, he smiles at me, why?

"Well that brings me onto the topic; you're not just a vampire, not a vampire like me. You're limited edition, one of a kind, only one of a kind." He gloats as if seeing something into the future or past.

"Is there a name for this kind?" I press him.

"You're a Modern Vampire!" His words sound like his glory, he looks proud but I'm confused.

"Are you going to tell me the difference or tell me how to control this?"

"Oh my dear Crystal, you will learn! You do have forever to know, literally." He somewhat dances across my room towards the curtains.

Won't the light kill us? He looks at me with warm eyes, cheek bones high as he pouts at me, why?

My eyes meet the light as he draws the curtains, he jolts and at first I flinch  waiting for the burning but nothing happens, he stands in the shadow of my wardrobe grinning. I move towards the sun checking it's real, I'm not burning.

"Almost human apart from the fact you need blood and other stuff you will learn." This grabs my attention.

"Hold up? Wait blood? What?"

"What else did you think Vampires eat candyfloss?" He snorts loudly.

This time I'm the one who’s rolling eyes. Will I have to kill someone? I sit down; I need to take everything in. He looks at me, a sympathetic smile on his lips. He walks over to me making sure he dodges the light; he sits beside me in the shadows.

"It's hard I know it is, but luckily you got me, when I was in your position I had no one. You got it easy you got a hot stud like me," He puts his arm around me, he winks as he smirks.

"I've got you... great. Nice one Nicholas Imalogalu!"

He sends me a look.

"I have you know I am more than a funny name, I have history to me... lots of it." He says almost distantly.

I feel like I should be the one who pats his shoulder now. I've just met him so yeah no.

"What do I call you?"

"Nicholas... Although I am your maker, we aren't supposed to be mutual but with everything you've been through, and your trust issues I thought that perhaps its best we get involved in some way." He explains to me.

How would he know what I've been through? How does he know I have trust issues, am I really that obvious?

"Don't worry, I've been watching over you, I've had to watch your routine so I could find the right time and place to create you, although I am sorry for your loss. Your parents didn't deserve to die." He says, is he reading my mind. How does he know about my parents? How long has he been watching me?

"You don't remember but I saved you from the house fire, I can't tell you too much yet but in time answers will be obvious, I promise." He says grabbing my hand.

I say nothing. What can I possibly say? I've only been awake nearly an hour and so much has happened; I don't think my brain can take any more information. I feel my cheeks become wet; the tears flow. How is this possible? They feel heavy, I wipe it away only for the back of my hands to be covered in blood. I gasp to myself.

"Oh I didn't think you would learn the blood tears so quick, better sooner than later I guess," He says, he's not even affectionate.

He stands up, I expect his arms around me but no I'm left cold as he walks for the door. What is happening to me? Why would I expect or want such things it's not like he cares, he turned me into a monster and here I am expecting a hug... makes complete utter sense.

"You need to learn, I think perhaps you should do some reading," He informs me, he leaves my room. He moves around as if he's been here before, has he? Why does he know so much, and why does he know my house so well.

I stand up, I find myself at my window. The sun is really bright. Shouldn't my granddad be here by now?

"Here you go," He drops a pile of books onto my desk, I look at him. His gold eyes shine as bright as a light bulb.

"Where's my granddad?" As if he will know but still worth a try, surely someone let him in, unless he's been here the whole time... He said he'd been watching me closely.

"He left, and he's not coming back." He says bluntly, I try catching his gaze but he moves.

"He's dead?"

"No, I just talked him into leaving, he will send a cheque every week, I think it's best that we are alone so I can teach you without people getting in the way, oh and I've moved in." He informs me; okay all of this is news to me.

He pulls the wooden chair from the matching desk, he gestures for me to read. "Read and don't stop, trust me it will go in, just keep reading."

I do as I'm told; as I sit down he walks out of the room. How dare he come in and rule everything, he seems sincere but something about him I just don't trust. What is he up to? I can't fight against him, what good would it do? He will obviously be more powerful.

I pick up the first book; the skin of it is brown leather. The spine is old but in good condition, fancy writing lays neatly at the top of the cover;

Evolution of Vampires - Nicholas Imalogalu.

He's an author? I bet he wrote all these other books too, he must know what he's doing. Do I really have to read this though? The books aren't exactly small they're pages deep. Reluctantly I open the page, it's in another language. I look closer and somewhat like magic the letters lift from the page and turn around and back down. I look again, it's now English.

I sit back looking around, am I high or did that actually just happen? I attempt to read again.

I sit down on the seat and open the first book and I begin to read…

 Vampires... Creatures of the night. Uniquely different from normal beings. We can travel by foot at the speed of lightning. We are the most powerful creatures on earth and nothing will ever compare, only the future breed.  We see far much more than the mortal eye we smell much more than the mortal nose. Our senses are much stronger than any mortals. We do as we want and as we please but we do not upset the balance of immortals’ and mortals.

Their blood tastes good to us but also our blood tastes good to them. Foolish weapons such as stakes, garlic and crosses don’t affect us what so ever but mortals don’t know that. But what does affect us is heavy silver chains, they cannot kill us but they can burn through our flesh. This evil deed done long enough can cause serious destruction to the vampires system.

We worship Lord Khalunga the god of everything and anything he keeps the world at peace the man whom no one can defeat or harm. Learn to worship him, your only other choice would be death...