Chapter 2

A day had passed, a mere 24 hours and somehow, just somehow, everything seemed to feel almost normal. Or rather Kronos was pretending to act somewhat normal for a woman with the soul, blood and temper of a Dragon. She stood there, leaning against the wall of one of the many break rooms in the Helicarrier with her eyes closed, almost giving the others the thought that she was asleep.

So they left her to 'sleep', whilst stood up and wearing her armour. Yet non of them, except one of course, actually stopped to think that after everything that had happened, from Kronos' sudden and still unexplained appearance to her lack of questions they would have expected her to ask about their world or their technology like Thor had... They didn't ask why she was there.

So he finally asked even though he hadn't properly been formally introduced to her like the others had.

So as she continued to lean against the wall in the break room whilst the Avengers took their first day of nothing but relaxing and talking to one another, the second person to have anything in common with the midnight haired woman (being their 'anger issues', to use the term lightly), finally spoke up.

"Kronos?" Bruce asked her in a successful attempt to grab her attention. For he was the only one, other than Thor, to seemingly remain on her much, warmer side that was tepid at best since with the rest of the Avengers she had taken a cold and sharp tone and attitude with them. Yet with Thor and Bruce, she was calm and almost, relaxed.

She looked up with a questioning hum, bleary-eyed and confused for a brief moment before she wiped it all away when she ran her hand down her face.
"Oh, Bruce." She realised it was him who dared to attract her attention when she met his gaze. "Ask away." She continued with a lazy, non committed gesture of her hand before recrossing her arms, shivering just a little like a cold breeze had blown through the room as she blinked away the tiredness in her eyes.

"Thor told us that you need our help after we finished needing yours, what's so bad that you need our help?" He punctuated the word with a glance to the others who had taken a sudden interest in their newly created conversation that continued with her giving one of the most heaviest sighs they'd ever heard.

"Vulhillokrel." Kronos began, slowly standing up straight before swapping her weight from one foot to the other. "To put it simply, he is a Dragon that wants to take over this planet because of, well, Dragon reasons, I guess. They are territorial creatures after all." She mumbled at the end, clearly as uninterested in her quest as it sounded. Or at least it would have been uninteresting if it didn't contain world domination, or giant, magical reptiles.

To be frank, the Avengers found it down right annoying to end up having to stop a world domination plot just after stopping one only a day ago.

"I knew the name was familiar." Thor started, getting a quiet 'How could it not?' from Tony to whom he sent a small but fairly intense glare before continuing. "In the old tales he was slain by the Warrior of Akatosh that protected this planet."

"The what?" Both Kronos as well as a few of the Avengers who uttered those two words, asked. And so they all sent her a confused look like they were expecting her to know what her chosen religion contained when it was obvious that she clearly didn't. "Never heard of a 'Warrior of Akatosh'. I have never even heard of a concept like that before." Kronos mused, gently biting her bottom lip with a low hum of thought before exhaling slowly. She looked to Thor who had sat down at this point from rummaging around the kitchen in a failed attempt to find something filling to eat. She shared his pain for Midgardian food was nothing like Nordic food. It wasn't filling and the flavours were too damn strange for her tastes.

"In the tales they told us when we were children, the Nine Divines all had both a Warrior and a Warrioress, and one was placed on both Nirn and Midgard, ensuring that there would be Nine Warriors on each planet. They were never clear on whether the Warriors were immortal or if the title of a Warrior was passed down when one died." Thor explained for them as he sat down in the only free arm chair which creaked worriedly under both his weight and his armour.