"With the guys the two of you used to date, you're lucky Mom didn't have a heart attack and keel over back then," Antonio deadpanned.

Grace kept talking, ignoring Antonio. "I mean sure, Roman is a great guy and Kristen seems like a nice girl but the two of you are virtual strangers. You don't know one another very well."

"We've got it covered Grace," Roman edgily replied, fixing his sister with a disapproving glare.

Grace carelessly shrugged and sipped some of her water, crunching the ice in her glass.

"Kristen, how long are you staying?" Cameron asked, trying to shift the tone.

"One more week."

"Cool. Maybe if my brother doesn't take up too much of your time you, Grace, and I can hang out one day. You know, go shopping, maybe go to the spa..."

Kristen grinned appreciatively and nodded. "That sounds fun. Sure. I'd love that."

Cameron hopefully looked over at Grace, who just rolled her eyes and continued crunching on her ice. She caught the stern glare of her mother and wavered, forcing a smile. "Sounds fun," she said through her teeth.

Kristen anxiously looked over at Roman and he gave her an encouraging smile, wiping a crumb off her lips. She melted under his touch and gazed into his eyes, squeezing his roaming hand between her thighs. Despite Grace's chilly demeanor she was enjoying spending time with his family but she couldn't wait until they were alone. Roman glanced down at his hand between her thighs and looked at her, smiling seductively.

"Ah-hem," Cameron called.

The two of them looked at her and she gave them a sly, knowing grin, making them all burst into laughter thinking about the awkward encounter they'd had earlier.

"Should we all leave the room?" she asked.

"Cut it out Cameron."

"So much for your son being a gentleman Mom."

"Will you stop teasing them Cameron?" Patricia said, winking her eye at her daughter. "They're in the honeymoon phase. Let them have it."

"I wish you'd have been this cool with guys I brought home back in the day."

"The guys you brought home back in the day couldn't even come close to how classy, mature, and respectful your brother is."

Antonio wrinkled his nose. "Classy? Mature? Are we talking about Roman? The same guy that used to put peas in his nose during dinner and make farting noises with his armpits? And that was only a few years ago."

Hearty laughter erupted in the room, easing the remaining tension. Even Grace got a laugh out of that one.

Antonio leaned towards Kristen, speaking candidly. "Seriously Kristen, I don't know how serious the two of you are or what you did to make my brother so damn happy but I thank you. I haven't seen him smile and talk this much in ages. It's a welcome change from how tense things have been over the past year."

Just like that, the mood changed again. Soberness stifled the room. Noticing, Antonio swore beneath his breath and shook his head. "I'm sorry bro. I didn't mean to bring up old ghosts. I'm just... I'm just happy for you, that's all."

Roman nodded, touching his brother's hand across the table. "Thanks bro. No offense taken. I know."

"So what happens after next week?" Grace asked. "Then what?"

"I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it," Roman responded. "But whatever happens, it'll be our business."

"Kristen, how do you feel about dating a pop star? A lot of women can't handle all the time on the road, the long nights, the press stops, the media, the groupies, the stress. Relationships are hard enough but when you factor all of that into it, that can make it worse and add stress to both of you that you don't need. Do you think you can handle that?"