0.1

I knocked on the door to my cousin's room in the apartment that we shared in Chicago, the sound of him scrambling to get ready very present.

He opened the door with a blank expression, "What do you want Rachel? You know I need to get ready for the day because as far as I know I can't go out having my hair look like this. I literally just got all of that purple dye out." Jace said, motioning towards the blonde mess on his head.

"Well get ready faster because you and I are meeting up with my boyfriend, who just so happens to know Caitlyn, who may or may not be coming along with him..." I replied.

Jace's blue eyes grew wide, "Really? Caitlyn's going to be there? I mean, oh yeah that's cool. Angelina should be coming too so I won't be lonely."

My eyes widened like his had just, "Jace, you like Caitlyn? Oh my gosh this is great news! Now all you need to do is dump Angelina, make your hair look good, and boom! Instant girlfriend!"

He quickly shook his head, "No way! You know I love Angelina. I just have a little crush on Caitlyn that's all. She's cute. Besides, she's dating Kyle already and I wouldn't want to ruin that. Hendricks is such a nice guy and all-"

I stopped him mid sentence, "Just calm down and get ready, we need to meet Kris at Grant Park in a half hour!"

I let my hair obsessed cousin return to doing whatever he did to look good, the excitement of my impending date very great in my mind.

It was nice to have a day off from my job at the Chicago Tribune, where I was a sports reporter, since I needed some time away from computers ever now and then.

I had played softball in high school and college, but I ended up having to quit since my brother died and I had so much to do because of that. I would have returned but I never got around to it since I was so busy with my writing.

Job wise, my cousin had it pretty good and I wished I could play alongside him. But of course, girls don't play in the majors and there is no way you'd catch me dead dressing as a guy to do so.

That thought sounded absolutely ridiculous in my head and I couldn't help but laugh since I'd probably look like Jace if that ever happened.

Soon, Jace emerged from his bedroom fully dressed in his favorite black blazer over a Seattle Seahawks shirt, jeans, wide framed white glasses, and his signature New Balance runners.

His hair looked a lot better too now that it was blonde again after a crazy bet placed upon him by David Ross caused him to give it up for a week.

Technically his hair was supposed to turn out brunette like my own, but some jokester *cough Anthony cough* switched out the dye for a bright purple.

It was hilarious to see him without his defining golden blondness, but those days were gone and he was his typical pretty boy self again.

"We ready to go?" Jace asked, shifting his weight every few seconds nervously.

I got up my couch and nodded, "Yeah of course. Are you nervous to have Angelina and Caitlyn in the same proximity? Cause this is going to be really amusing!" I said excitedly.

We both filed out of our apartment and after a short elevator trip, we were outside in front of the modern building. The two of us were to meet our significant others at Grant Park, which was a very short walk from our place.

I quickly found Kris standing by a large shady tree once the two of us were in the park. He looked handsome as always with his spiked hair that rivaled that of my cousins, beautiful sparkling eyes, and Adidas athletic wear.

"Hey babe!" I exclaimed cheerfully as I quickly pecked his lips.

"Hey baby! And if it isn't Golden Boy, what's up Jace?" he asked as the two men pulled into a bro hug.

"So um Kris where's Caitlyn, Rachel said she'd be here..."

Kris raised an eyebrow suspiciously, "Why would you care about her whereabouts? She's coming, actually there she is." he replied, pointing to the beautiful brunette woman approaching us with Jace's girlfriend right next to her, and her best friend Cole trailing behind.

His face turned a bright red which was actually quite adorable since well, Jace was the definition of adorable. He tried so hard to be manly and cool all of the time, when really he was such a girl with a soft voice and a big heart, not to mention a shy personality.

Honestly, if Jace were a girl he'd probably just be a blonde me because we were basically one in the same. "Hi Rachel, Jace, and Kris!" said Caitlyn with a small wave once she reached us.

I tried my best to hold in laughs because the sight of my cousin about to hyperventilate was just too much, after all both of the women he loved were right in front of him.

Angelina and Jace embraced and kissed each other on the lips, Caitlyn hugged Kris, and Cole stood awkwardly to the side next to me.

I gave him a small smile, "So how's life for you Roberts?" I asked him as Jace and Angelina continued to make out, making things awkward for the rest of us.

Cole shrugged, "I mean okay I guess, lots of...work. How about you?" he asked in reply.

"Unless you enjoy living with a cousin who is basically married to his hair, okay I guess." I admitted, noting him staring at Angelina.

"You okay Cole? Wait a minute, do you like Angelina?"

He shook his head quickly, but then sufficed to nodding, "Who doesn't like her? She's beautiful, nice, funny. Jace is sure lucky to have picked her up."

As I spoke my reply, Kris came up next to me and pulled me in closer, "Aww I can't believe my best friend is in love, that's so cute! Good luck snagging her from the blondie though, he's tough to get through."

Caitlyn approached us after having a very amusing conversation with Jace, "So you guys ready to go have some fun?" she asked, motioning for the stage with a bunch of people already in front of it.

We all agreed and followed her to our seats for the concert that was about to go on.

I backed away a bit so I was walking right next to Jace, "You seem rather Cardinals right now, is everything okay?" I asked him, joking about his super red face.

He nodded slowly, "Caitlyn is amazing." he said in a very far off voice.

This is by my friend the amazing GoliathRider15! We are sort of co-writers together though it'll mainly be me. I hope you guys enjoyed!!!
Lots of love,
Ari