"That's great Ly-Ly! I'm so proud of you! Just next time call me okay?" he paused. "Hey, it's late. Why don't you just sleepover for tonight and I'll come pick you up in the morning?"

I was about to protest when he quickly said I love you and hung up. After that, I redialed his number three times and he didn't answer once.

Groaning, I put the phone on the table and turned to go talk to Bella in the kitchen. But I was surprised to see her in the doorway with both arms struggling to carry the snacks.

I offered her a hand and grabbed some of the things in her arms and laid them on the table.

After we had everything settled, she dusted her hands and looked at me.

"So what'd bro-bro say?"

Bro-bro? I smiled at her silliness.

"Um, he said that I should sleepover. I tried to call him back but he didn't answer," I hoped that she didn't throw me out on the street.

"That sounds perfect!" She yelled. "It'll be nice not being alone in this house for tonight. My parents still need to get back from the trip," she explained.

I could not be more grateful. I smiled and said thank you. She said it was no problem and that she had ideas for our sleep over. Her smile then turned very mischievous as she mentioned her 'plans'.

"Makeovers!!!" She yelled once more.

I sighed.

This was going to be a long night...

~one hour later~

By the time she finished her 'makeover' my face felt heavier than a ton of bricks. She said that I had amazing lips and eyebrows, which I didn't understand at all. Once she was done playing dress up with me, she let me escape to the shower.

I came it in a towel around my body and asked her if I could borrow any clothes. She lent me some pajamas, and thankfully, some underwear.

Once I was all ready for bed I checked the time. It was 2:45 now and we needed to go to sleep. We crawled into bed together, neither of us saying anything as the minutes ticked by.

I felt my eyes drooping to a close when she called out my name.

"Yeah?" I said in a yawn.

"I'm glad you're here," she yawned back.

"Me too," I sleepily replied.

After that we both fell into silence as we slept.

~in the morning~

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

"What?" I croaked out with a morning voice.

"Time for school!" Bella chirped excitedly.

"School?"

"Uh, yeah! Your brother called back and said that he couldn't pick you up so he asked me!"

That was bullcrap. He has plenty of time in the morning since he goes to work at 1:00 p.m.

"Come on I'll let you borrow clothes!"

I let her dress me since the things I picked out in her closet were apparently, and I quote,"Totes not adorbs"

By the time she picked out my outfit, it was already 7:55 and we were late for school, not that I minded. But what I did mind was my small excuse of an outfit.

She picked out the shortest high waisted shorts I have ever seen with a strapless dark blue crop top. And I felt completely exposed.

"No. Absolutely not," I protested.

"Well, too bad. That's the only thing that would fit you in my closet. Anything else and they'd slip right off your body," she said a-matter-of-factly.

I groaned loudly and asked for a jacket to at least cover myself up a bit more. Her answer was that I could not wear a jacket because it was super hot outside and that I would die of heatstroke. From the little time that I've known her, I could tell that she was a very dramatic person.

"But I hate being the center of attention, and this," I said while motioning at my outfit. "Will definitely attract some attention! Not to mention the fact that I'm the new girl!"

"I'm the new girl too," she said with a pout.

I rolled my eyes. "Your coming back. These people know you," I reminded.

"So? You can get to know people too, and hey," she said, putting both hands on my shoulders and looking me in the eye. "I'm here, so there's no need to worry."

Her words were comforting, but I couldn't help the dreaded feeling that pooled in the pit of my stomach. I nodded at her reluctantly and with that, she took my hand and led us out the front door.

"What about breakfast?" I questioned.

"You can eat at nutrition (recess) later," she dismissed.

Once we were in the car she turned on the radio and immediately Sweater Weather blasted through the speakers.

"I love this song!" We said simultaneously.

We were singing along to the main chorus when the thought of a certain beast crept into my mind.

"I'm screwed," I said aloud, "completely screwed."

Bella didn't here me over the music, so we kept driving. Closer and closer to that monster.