PART 2

2 DAYS LATER

2 DAYS LATER.

The smile never left his lips as he watched Pihu playing with her bangles excitedly, his eyes not missing even the tiniest of her animated expressions. As he sat there, the thought crossed his mind, whatever he would do without her, she was his whole world, the only one person he could never distance himself from after " she " left him. Their daughter, the only part of her left with him. Nothing had changed, he was lonelier than before wth his parents trying to bring him back into the warmth of a family, but he needed none. The family he wanted and craved for was long gone, maybe he had pushed it away with his own hands. He was shaken out of trance by Pihu asking him how the new combination of bangles was and asking if Ruhaan would like it. He nodded his head with a light smile unable to mouth anything. it had been the same feelings from the past 2 days, the one which kept coming back from the lobby he was sitting in. It was the same place he had heard her whisper, the one that refused to leave him even now. Why did it still feel like her?

Another call by Pihu pulled him out of his thoughts to reality and he had to answer her back to keep her calm. A small smile crept up his face when he thought of his little daughter who was growing up fast, fast enough to have a crush on the upcoming teen sensation Ruhaan. And here he sat with her, as she waited to meet her favourite.He smiled widely when she came forward and kissed him again, thanking him for making her meet Ruhaan for the hundredth time in the span of a day. He felt a small tear pricking the corner of his eye, the smile and the innocence on her face was exactly the one that reflected off Ruhi's face, but none of it was left for him to be happy about.

Papa, I want to have a pastry. It was so tasty that day.

He sighed and watched her walk away without even waiting for him. He shook his head as he slowly followed her.

She looked at her watch and panicked, there was hardly 5 minutes left. She looked in horror as he phone flashed Aaliya. Mouthing a small prayer, she received the call only to hear her freaking out on the other end. She hurried through the lobby trying to calm her down and assuring her of the outfit which she was waiting for.

He kept an eye on Pihu as she walked ahead of him smiling in her own world yapping about the pastry corner when something caught his foot. He looked down to find a wallet lying on the ground. As he looked around, he spotted a figure at a distance walking away from there, almost running. She was far ahead before he could call out. A part off him urged him to go behind the person, but he chose not to not knowing where and how he would find her now. Although there was nothing familiar about the figure, somehow he couldn't take his eyes off the hallway the woman had just turned into.

Papa, this is the aunty who gave me the pastry that day.

Phil's voice made him tear his eyes away from the empty hallway and look back her. He nodded as her words registered and he looked at the wallet in her hand. He froze. The wallet in his hand, the blood in his veins, his heartbeat, it all stoned as he looked at the words his eyes could clearly read, Ishita. Minutes, hours or days could have passed, his eyes didn't leave the 2 words he read the words over and over, next to it the photograph.

..............................

Aaliya. I am down here in the recreation room waiting for you. Come down and get your dress. I have to go back too, okay? Come quick.

She hung up her phone and sighed looking at the dress mouthing a silent prayer for she had finally managed to find the dress in the nick of the time before Aaliya managed to bring down the entire of the city down. Her breathing was still heavy with all the running, she had hardly managed to catch a breath. She could hear herself panting but the next moment, she couldn't hear that either.

Ishita.

She stood there paralyzed as the voice reached her. It was him. Nothing about it said that it was her dream, it was too close to be a dream. As the resonance of his voice spread through her cells, she could feel every inch of her coming alive. She had heard it after 7 years and somehow none of it meant anything in front of this one moment. He was close. She didn't even know how to react, run, hide or face him? Nothing seemed to help her, she had never thought of a day the she would meet him again. Her husband. Her love. He heart thudded against her chest, tears pricking the corner of her eyes, her senses not responding as her feet acred on their own accord to face him. A tiny gasp left her lips and a tear trickled down her eye, he was really sanding there. a touch away from her.

It all had stopped, everything around him had stopped the moment he realized she was alive. She really was. The really of it hit him hard, he could feel the gaping wound in his heart come alive as his eyes looked back at the photo in his hand it was really her, alive. He could have stood there for an eternity if it was not for his feet which gave away. He knew he was sitting not he floor dazed but he could feel none of it. A barrage of emotions rocked him, relief, pain, anger, guilt and hurt. Maybe it was the hidden love in his heart for her, the one that he could never set himself free off, he looked back in the direction he was staring it. It was why he couldn't take his eyes off the retreating figure, it had been her.

And now she stood in front of him looking at him with tears in her eyes. His world stopped all over again as his eyes met hers. He had found her strolling in the corner on the phone, it was really her. She stood there stunned, just like him as he tried to reign in her form. Something he thought his eyes would never see, her. But here she was, looking right back at him with eyes that conveyed so much, yet nothing.

She didn't know what hit her, she was looking at him from top to bottom assuring herself that he really was a few steps away from her when she met his eyes. They were unfathomable, with so much in them.

Raman,

The words just left her lips, no bounds whatsoever. Her heart cried out and her lips managed to convey it. She didn't utter the words, nor did she try to stop them from leaving the confines of her heart, it was the place of her heart to be.

The mere sound of his name off her lips churned his heart. 7 years, seven years it had been he had heard that voice, He felt his tears wet his cheeks, he didn't care that they streamed down his eyes, but the eyes never left her form. He didn't know when he walked towards her, neither did he stop himself. Every step he took towards her brought back barges of emotions, the sleepless nights, the painful days, the emptiness around him breaking him bit by bit as he sauntered towards her.

She was inches away when he stopped and found looking right at him. Yet again time stopped for them, neither taking their eyes off the other, emotions ravaging their heart, some breaking it and some healing it and neither of them speaking a word to break the reality of the moment, a part of them scared that it might after all be dream and the fear of loosing it all.

It was the hearts place to be, until a touch was the one to break it.