THE GROUP OF THREE

I'M CURRENTLY walking at the school's corridor. All people was just staring at me. What's wrong with them? Is it just me - daydreaming or they're literally looking at me because I'm gorgeous?

   I hate their eyes' presence! I feel that I'm going to melt everytime when they looked at me. It makes me clumsy or some sort of shyness attacking. That's why MY haters always make fun of me.

   Instead, I just ignored them. I'm used to it, anyway. I've been in some stage plays and production numbers in this school, so, no biggie. Besides, if I'm just going to stare them back, what will happen next? Nothing.

   My instructor wants me at his room, so, here I go. Walking past the crowd. When my eyes spotted a familiar figure, I suddenly stopped. I'm three feet away when I saw HIM. So, there's no reason to be late and for my instructor to scold me. 

   He's standing infront of Mr. Hughes room. His hands are in his jeans' pocket. His hair was settled aside, forming a thin pile of bangs. He's head bowed down, like he's staring something at the floor. What is he doing here? Is he stalking me?

   Then an idea came.. Oh no, don't tell me. I stepped back a little bit while shaking my head. It's impossible! Was Mr. Hughes wanted him, too? Why? I thought all of the students who are studying in this school have their own stylist, handler, room manager, and INSTRUCTOR?! Then, what is he doing here?

   Before I knew it, he swerved his head at the direction where I was. He saw me! Urgh.. I HATE that smile! Especially, I HATE HIM!

   "Hey, Margaret!" he distinct his right hand from his pocket to wave at me. He looks so happy to see me. But, nah, I'm SAD to see him! Close to blaming my instructor..

   I took a deep breath before replying. I'll make sure that I'll talk fast to get this over. I hate talking to him.

   "Uhm, hey?" I greeted back while walking slowly to him. To Mr. Hughes room, actually. I smiled at him - like the way beauty queens do. But, I did it a little different. 'Cause I added my smile with the word 'fake'.

   "You looked beautiful today. Isn't?" he chuckled.

   "Why, thank you. You know, I'm always beautiful.." I said, proudly. He just chuckled again. What's wrong with him? Is he speechless or 'what'?

   "Yeah, you're right. You always looked beautiful." He fixed his hair after that. It is one of his manners, of course.

   "How makes you say that?" I asked. No doubt, but I don't know why he said that. Maybe he's teasing me. Or, maybe not.

   "You're REALLY beautiful. Long hair," he circled around me then his eyes are fixed on my long black hair. "brunette skin," he tried to touch my arm. But I avoid my arm from him. He smirked. "slim," he stared at my body. I stepped back, one step. It didn't stop him to hold my chin using his left hand. I slap it.

   "Don't touch me!" I yelled. But he just ignored what I said. So irritating!

   "Black eyes," he continued. Still not listening. "pointy nose," He poked my nose. I gave him a death glare. As expected, he just ignored it. "And of course," He stopped infront of me because he's still circling me. Then, he stared at the lower part of my face.

   What the -? If I'm allowed to slap this guy, I will do it from this point! But we're in school. It's NOT allowed. Oh, how I wish I could change the rules and policies! 

   "Smile, sweetheart! Don't frown. You looked like you want to punch Chris, ayt?" Just then, Mr. Hughes appeared from nowhere. Heavens, he's now my saver! At a quick second, I rushed to him.

   "Goodmorning, Mr. Hughes.." Chris greeted formally to MY instructor. Psh. He's just showing off.

   "Goodmorning, Chris. So, let's go inside?" Mr. Hughes asked. Wait, does he mean with this guy standing beside his office's door? Oh no, this is worst..

   "Uhm," I interrupted, "with this crazy fellow here?" I pointed at Chris, who's grinning right now.

   "Sweetheart, don't call Chris like that! It's bad.." he shook his head. I raised an eyebrow at him.

   "Why? Let's face it, he's not just a crazy fellow; he's a jerk, too!" I saw his face's expression suddenly changed. From teasing to anger. Great, just great.

   "What did you say?!" he asked loudly, almost shouting. This causes the students' attention to look at our 'little dramatic scene'. Here we go again..

   "Don't be so rude, Margaret. You know, let's just move on to this situation, okay? Come inside quickly!" Mr. Hughes commanded. "They're waiting for us.." 

   Wait, what did he say? THEY'RE waiting waiting for us? Uh-oh..

   "Who are they?" I asked curiosly.

   "You'll know.." said Chris.

   "Am I talking to you?" Once again, I raised an eyebrow to him.

   "Stop! Just stop the arguing, teasing, or 'whatever' between you two. Sweetheart, you will know when we enter my office.." Mr. Hughes opened the door of his office then Chris walked inside first. He's excited, I think. I entered next; Mr. Hughes was the last to go inside his office.

   When we're already inside, five people greeted us. I know these faces; Mrs. Keith - the school's principal, Ms. Xen, Ms. Ivy, and two other students. The girls' faces are familiar; I think they're my classmates since kindergarten. But we're not friends though..

   "As I said, we're planning to form a group that consists of you three. We'll be naming it: 'Most Promising Girls'. Do you agree with this?" asked Mrs. Keith.

   "Yes, Mrs. Keith." we replied. There's nothing we can do to reject their plan. It's to late, duh!

   "Well then, this meeting's over. We will locked you three girls in the workshop room for some improvements, capisce? Oh no, wait. You three will stay here because.." Ms. Ivy stopped talking when the door suddenly opened. Three boys entered the room.

   "Who are they?" asked the girl who's name is Melanie.

   "Girls, meet the 'Rising Boys'.." introduced Mr. Hughes.

    Uh-oh, I have a bad feeling what will happen next..

~~

Hello! Ano, like nyo ba pag-English? Haha.. Don't worry, testing lang 'to; Tagalog na sa susunod.

~ 17G