Ghostly Tales of Michigan

Poltergeist

It happened again.

When Victor Lincoln discovered his home's (usually locked) front door hanging wide open, he knew he'd find trouble inside. He stepped into the house, and his fears were confirmed: His family's Jackson, Michigan, house had been broken into and vandalized. Garbage, as well as food from the refrigerator, had been thrown about. Furniture was pushed around and flipped over. Light bulbs were smashed, and the water faucets in the kitchen and in the bathroom were running.

Standing behind Victor, his wife shook her head. "Why are they doing this to us? Even those new double locks won't keep them out!"

"I'll go call the police again," Victor said, sounding defeated. "Not that it'll do any good."

And so it went for two full years. The Lincolns endured break-in after break-in. Nothing could keep the intruders out of their out of their home, and no one could guess who might be targeting them-or why.

But then, in October of 1961, the family discovered a startling truth: The vandal wasn't a "who." it was a "what"!

"Victor," Mrs. Lincoln screamed. "Victor, come quickly. Please hurry!"

Responding to his wife's frantic cries, Victor raced into the kitchen. He arrived just in time to see a stack of dishes fly out of the cupboard and smash against the wall, one by one, shattering on impact.

The dishes did so, all on their own

FOOTSTEPS IN THE BASEMENT

Thump

Thump

Thump

Twenty-two-year-old John Lincoln looked up from his book and toward his mother. "Do you hear that?" he asked.

Mrs.Lincoln, sitting on a living room chair across from her son, nodded. "It sounds like someone's coming up the basement stairs."

They turned to look at the door, waiting in dreadful anticipation as the footfalls grew louder. At the top step, the noise ceased for a moment. It was soon followed by a thunderous KNOCK!

John and his mother jumped out of their seats. Victor who had heard the commotion from the next room, rushed past his family members with his shotgun in hand. He grabbed the door and flung it open; no one was standing behind it.

Victor cautiously led his dog downstairs, but his search for an intruder came up empty. The dog, however seemed to find something. The Lincoln's pet began to whimper softly, and then it darted back up the steps.

Following that frightful encounter, the Lincoln's decided it was time to move out.

Three years later the Lincoln's sold their house and moved in to a old 1940 style house on Croton Pond Newaygo, Michigan were they await for more paranormal guests.