Chapter Seven ϟ You Can't Fool Me, Sunflower

Start bij het begin

"I'll meet you downstairs in 20 minutes," Brennan stated softly feeling guilty for snapping at him. She shut the door without waiting for a response. She walked into the bathroom that was beside the front door and looked at herself in the mirror.

Her eyes were sunken in, hair still a terrible mess. She could physically smell the Jack Daniels seeping through her pores, and she was right about her makeup. Her stark black mascara was smudged slightly underneath her bottom lid contrasting harshly against her pale skin.

Deep breaths Brennan, deep breaths.

Shaking her head, she splashed water on herself before once again facing herself in the mirror. "You did the right thing. Friends equal family and family equals pain. No more pain Brennan, no more pain."

With those words, she turned around and flipped on the water for a nice, hot shower.

ϟ

After her incredible shower, she got dressed. Slipping into a pair of dark wash jeans, she almost fell over the multitude of whiskey bottles on the floor. She huffed kicking a few into a pile on the floor, before grabbing her white chiffon button up that had a leather color and cuffs over her head. After she tossed all the alcohol bottles into the trash, she grabbed her coat and other items and shoved them inside her duffle bag before walking around doing a final check through of the hotel room.

 After she tossed all the alcohol bottles into the trash, she grabbed her coat and other items and shoved them inside her duffle bag before walking around doing a final check through of the hotel room

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After making sure that she had everything, Brennan left the room and headed towards the elevator to meet Barry in the lobby.

He was in a lobby seat. His head was resting on the palm of his hand, his eyes focused on his phone screen as he was mindlessly scrolling through something.

Her gut rumbled half from hunger and half from the guilt of yelling at the kind man in front of her. She stopped in the middle of the lobby and adjusted her purse back on her arm.

"Ready to go?"

His head immediately perked up from his phone at hearing her voice. It astonished him that the put together girl in front of him was hungover with a bird's nest of hair on her head, not even thirty minutes to go.

"Barry?" She questioned trying to get his attention.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Let's go." He grabbed his suitcase from beside him and followed her out to the parking garage.

After leaving the parking garage, they set off in the direction of Central City. The car was silent and you could probably cut the tension with a knife.

The slow soft sounds of John Mayor played in the background as the car traveled down the highway. Barry continued to play on his phone to try and ignore the situation but it didn't make it any better.

After about twenty minutes Brennan had had enough. "Okay, Barry. I'm sorry."

This seemed to catch his attention as he looked up at me. "What?"