chapter 2: Oh my gosh!!!!

Note: read this chapter with the song provided. It really lightens the mood. It helped me write this chapter.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!"

Even though Branch already expected a big party, he was still surprised. He spent his years alone on his birthday so he's still getting use to big parties. He was touched that after years of stubbornness, they still threw a big party for him. Actually thank the Lord He gave them loving friends.

Before Branch could say anything, pink arms were wrapped around him. "Soooooo, what'd you think, birthday boy?"

"Awww, thanks. You guys are the best," Branch said, taking the confetti off of his face. "So what are we doing?"

King Gristle came out of nowhere and spoke, startling Branch. "Well, first we dance!! I still thank you guys for teaching us how to be happy."

"So you guys ready to GET THIS PARTY STARTED??" Poppy asked everybody. Everyone cheered and DJ got the music started.

Poppy grabbed Branch's hands and they danced together for hours non-stop. There was a point where DJ ended the party songs. Bridget shined a light at Poppy and Branch and winked at DJ. DJ put a slow song: "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran.

Before they knew it, they were slow dancing. Poppy placed her head on Branch's shoulder. Branch closed his eyes and thanked God for Poppy and this wonderful moment. He wanted nothing more than to slow dance with the love of his life. Nothing could ruin this moment. He knew people were staring, but he didn't care.

"How're you holding up, Branch?" Poppy asked.

"Better than you think." Those were the only words they spoke throughout the slow dance.

Guy Diamond got an idea. He told his glitter buddies to follow him. They aimed their hair at chandelier and locked arms, forming a disco ball that slowly turned.

It felt like it was just the two of them. Poppy removed her head from Branch's shoulder and their faces were closer than expected. Their faces came closer and closer. Before they knew it, their lips touched. They remained like that for a while.

They stared into each other's eyes. Sheeran no longer sang, but it was now Branch's voice.

So baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

His hand reached under her chin and he lifted it a little. He moved his face closer and closer. He whispered the last set of lyrics.

Oh maybe we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are.

Then they kissed once again. The song ended and everybody cheered and awwed. But Poppy and Branch's eyes never left each other.

Then all was interrupted by Cooper. "LET'S EAT SOME CAKE!!!!!!!"

For the rest of the party, they continued to dance, they ate cake, sang happy birthday to Branch, and had the time of their lives.

Near the end of the party, King Peppy lifted his hands, signaling the crowd to silence. "I have an announcement. Branch, you have now received your true colors once again and we thank the great Lord Almighty for that. Now, I have a present for you."

"King Peppy, you didn't have to get me anything," Branch said.

"Oh I believe I do." He grabbed Branch's shoulders and turned him around.

The other Trolls and Bergens were confused with King Peppy's present.

When Branch saw it, his eyes were wide with shock. All he can say was,
"OH MY GOSH!!!!"