Chapter 2

The next morning I decided to go the Opera Populaire. I just couldn't believe it's closed! When I was a little girl I always dreamed of performing in the opera house. Too bad that dream will never come true. I stepped outside my apartment en walked down the street. It was a long walk but I didn't care. The only thing I cared about was the opera house. Finally I arrived. They were true. It was really closed.

"shit!" I said angry.

"How can they do this?!" I said to myself.

"Yeah too bad they shut the doors. It was a beautiful building." someone said.

I looked next to me and saw a man who was watching the building.

"But why did they close it? I asked him.

"People were afraid of the opera ghost. There were rumors he would strangle 10 people after every show." he said.

I stayed silence and just looked at the beautiful details of the building.

"And of course because Christine Daaé left." he continued.

"What happened to Christine when she left Paris and moved to Manhattan? What did she do there? Ho..How did she die?" I asked nervously.

"Nobody knows." he said and slowly walked away.

''But how can it be that nobody knows how she died?" I thought. ''It's a very strange story."

It was already getting late so I decided to go back home.

That night I couldn't sleep at all. There was a lot going through my mind. I was thinking about my family, the fact that I still need to find a job, what that man at the opera house said and... and the phantom... "Stop thinking about it Beth!" I said to myself. "It's just another stupid story." But still I was curious. I wanted to know if it's real.. if he's real. It was about 2 o'clock am. I still couldn't sleep. I needed to find out!

So I did..

Please comment and tell me what you think :)