Prologue

PLEASE READ THIS THIS IS BASICALLY MOST OF THE STORY AND PLOT PLEEEEASE READ THE PROLUGE

Lynn's POV

"M-mamma? D-dadda?" I whispered as the cop car drove us away.

I couldn't cry. Crying meant admitting to everything that has happened today. And I would never be able to believe the things that have happened in the past 12 hours. It's like thinking you are in a nightmare... but I am in a nightmare. A nightmare that's real. Everything is real. Everything is true. Except the thing that the police officer is continuing to say to me while driving," it's going to be ok."

I ended up at the Alenna Maryland orphanage. I was given a room and roommate, it wasn't that bad, but I missed my old life...

3 years later

I'm now seventeen, and those memories still lurk in the back of my mind. I barely think of them now, but they can still be awakened.

Most of my friends have been adopted. I'm happy for them, but sad that I have to be alone. I read a lot, it's like going to a different life. Meeting people out of the orphanage through words. Sometimes it seems like I'm ignoring people when I read so much, but I just like to read. And I'm not super smart.

This morning was ordinary, until I was sent to the owner's office. That usually meant I was in trouble... or adopted. No, I couldn't be adopted. That would be a dream come true. I walked down to Misses Alenna's office where a man sat across her on the other side of her desk. I gasped, I might really be getting adopted.

This man looked familiar. I haven't seen anyone out of the orphanage, since, I came here. The man looked at me, and smiled. "Hello Miss Lynn, how are you doing today?" he asked me. I smiled," I'm good, thank you sir." He seemed so nice, I would love for him to be my new dad. "Lynn, this man would like to adopt you." Those are the last words I remember, the only words I heard with my ears on that day that mattered to me.

His name was Mr. Richard John, he changed my last name to John too. The reason he was familiar to me is because I had seen him in magazines. He is a millionaire. I feel really lucky, not only because he is a millionaire, but mostly because he is one of the kindest people I've ever met, and so is his wife, my new mom, Clair John, was also so kind. For the first 3 months with them, they've taught me to be fancy, have proper manners, and to be kind. They got me so many books and I read all the time I could.

I'm so glad of my new life and family!

Alexey's POV:

I sipped my coffee while reading my magazine. "Good morning dear," my mom said across the table from me. "Morning mom," I smiled at her. I was finished with this magazine and looked for another at the stack I had brought from our living room. One caught my eye, there was a teenage girl on the cover of it. I picked it up and flipped to the cover about her. Apparently, she had just been adopted by two of my family's closest friends, Mister and Misses John. Why haven't I heard of this? It said they adopted her around 3 months ago.

"Mum, why haven't I heard of this girl before. This article says she has been adopted by Mister and Misses John," I said, pointing to the article. I passed the magazine towards my mum.

She looked at it and nodded. "Mister and Misses John told me of this, that's why we haven't seen them in a while, they've been so busy with miss Lynn. Your father and I have been so busy, we forgot to tell you I guess."

"I didn't know they wanted a child," I said.

My mom shrugged," well they thought the two of them in their family wasn't enough, that's what they said on the phone. You'll meet her soon dear."
Those words made me smile for some reason.